Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eye pain?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, bloodshot eyes (like something from a horror movie!) was one of the symptoms I was showing when I had active Wegener's. Since treatment I just get the occasional small bust vessel that only lasts a couple of days.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jack! I also often get slight redness around the white of my eye(s) with a streak of two of redness like a small blood vessel burst, but this time it is the full white of the eye. I am not sure if I am over-reacting with my worry or not. It is really difficult to know when to react and call the doctor and when it is nothing to worry about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by purr6 View Post
    Thanks Jack! I also often get slight redness around the white of my eye(s) with a streak of two of redness like a small blood vessel burst, but this time it is the full white of the eye. I am not sure if I am over-reacting with my worry or not. It is really difficult to know when to react and call the doctor and when it is nothing to worry about.
    I remember very vividly on one of my early visits to my rheumatologist when he told me to line up an eye doctor that would see my within 24 hours if I noticed anything different in my vision or eyes. His statemnt was we want to try preserve your vision since you have lost your hearing. Based on that I would have called this doctor and be seen by them right away. It may not be anything that requires treatment but I would much rather have them make this call than me. Wegener's disease takes so much from us anyway so lets try keep it from taking anymore than we have to give it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well put, drz. I agree that you should call your doc today purr6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

purr6 you should..i lost vision in my right eye..it only took a few months and i was seeing doc..that was before they actually diagnosed me with wegners..if you get scleritis of the eye with WG it can take your vision..so you should go to a opthamoligist and find out..also talk to your rheumy about it..i learned the hard way..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so very much for all of the advice. I have a call in to my doctor and am going to insist on a referral to an opthamologist. The opthamologist that I saw about a year ago said that he felt the redness was a reaction to makeup and I know that was not true at the time--it was the Wegener's then and probably is some sort of sign again, I'm afraid. I am so appreciative of this forum to find out about these things. Thank you for not making me feel like a hypochondriac! It is so difficult to tell what is what with this disease!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12