Likes Likes:  94
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 year old son

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne! Good evening, Anne... Anne, is it a blog? I think i remember it... lazy to check. Anne how are you feeling? Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for all your son is going thru. I can relate. My son is 28 and was diagnosed in October 2015 after I found him unconscious in a pool of blood in the bathroom floor. He had had a massive hemorrhage in his right lung, was in kidney failure and heart failure. He was actually lucky to have survived. They did plasma pherersis for 5 days not to mention all the medications and him being on the ventilator. After being in icu and going to rehab he was doing really well then he relapsed after his rheumatologist started to decrease his steroids so now he is back up on a dose of 80 mg of steroids and receiving chemotherapy 2 days a month for the next 6 months. Hopefully this will put him in remission and he will do well with his new lifestyle. I wish your son a speedy recovery. Also the rheumatologist mentioned changing to a gluten free diet if possible. I have also read some post on this site about the gluten free diet being helpful here also. I know I still have a lot to learn about this disease as it is a rare one but I agree the more we know the better off we will be. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb, hi I'm Deb also. Wow! This is a lot... How are you doing with all of this? Is you're son home? Sorry, little tired but just wanted to say welcome. Although I'm sure you'd rather be somewhere else... Others will be here to say hi... Best to you both... Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1957 View Post
    My son is 28 and was diagnosed in October 2015
    Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the group. Sounds like your son's case is a bad one. Keep on learning, and learning, and learning, since he probably can't right now he desperately needs someone to help him understand the options presented by doctors. Everyone here will be happy to help.

Not necessary, but I suggest starting a thread in the new member introductions area of the forum. It gives you a place of your own, dedicated to helping your son by getting questions answered. If interested, here's mine: http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...html#post98791

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the group. Sounds like your son's case is a bad one. Keep on learning, and learning, and learning, since he probably can't right now he desperately needs someone to help him understand the options presented by doctors. Everyone here will be happy to help.

Not necessary, but I suggest starting a thread in the new member introductions area of the forum. It gives you a place of your own, dedicated to helping your son by getting questions answered. If interested, here's mine: http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...html#post98791

Gary
    We hope he gets well soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birdie, can the post be moved? Or does Debbie, have to re post? Birdie, you're awesome... Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Birdie, can the post be moved? Or does Debbie, have to re post? Birdie, you're awesome... Deb.
    No need to remove it Deb, and Debbie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birdie, sorry, I meant can it be seperated, here and on a new intro? So two places? Thanks... Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Anne! Good evening, Anne... Anne, is it a blog? I think i remember it... lazy to check. Anne how are you feeling? Deb.
    yeah, I think it's pretty much a blog... worth taking a look at, some humor included.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, thanks! Ya, I did see this. Thought it was familiar... Ciao Anne! Deb.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast