Likes Likes:  203
Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil is moving to the ICU because his breathing is worse. I have tickets to fly to him at Sep 21. I am so scared. I can't stop crying. Please pray. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil's mother just talked to the doc. No ICU. Yet ??? But ICU team are also taking care of him. His breathing is worse. Please pray. Thanks for being here.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like he has a very good team of doctors and they are keeping a close watch on him. Hopefully the treatments and medications will take effect soon and he can start to recover.
    We must let go of the life we have planned so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
    Joseph Campbell

When sleeping women wake, mountains move.
    Chinese proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we are here, and Phil is on everyone's mind with prayers and loving and healing thoughts. If he goes to the ICU, don't worry, they will take good care of him. Big hugs to you and gentle ones to Phil.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praying for you both xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil is in the ICU. He said that he is getting there the best care. the WG is flaring. He got rtx the night b4 this one. He also got solu medrol 1000mg and now pred 80mg. I wonder if the hole in the lung that made it collapsed, was caused by the WG. If anyone knows any info that can help please write it here. He has hard time breathing and almost no energy. I am madly scared and crying a lot. I have a flight on Sep 21. There were not places in flights b4 and I am kind of freaking out being away from him when he is going through this scary fighting. Please pray for him. Thanks for being here. Love u.

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just talk with his nurse at the ICU. The markers don't show that its WG. But are the markers what count ? They are trying to find out what makes his breathing worse. If anyone has any idea please write here. Thanks.

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me my WG flared ahead of the markers showing it! Sadly it was not until the markers had caught up that my Rheumy believed it - by then I needed more treatment than if they had jumped earlier. Maybe it is the same for Phil?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,I will briefly tell you what happen to me.My left lung totally collapsed from a left bronchial stenosis in 1988,and the docs refused to try and save the lung.The stenosis was caused by WG.Fast forward to August 2011.This is the short story.I had a pheumothorax in my right lung ,and barely made it to the hospital. A chest tube was inserted,and saved the day.The pheumothorax was caused by WG.There were no markers other than inflammation.The lung inflated,but was leaking , and the chest tube could not be removed.To seal the leak in my right lung the pulmonary doc did a blood patch.Blood was taken from my leg,and injected into the chest tube,and this sealed the leak.There are various methods used to stop the leaking.The blood patch is the most conservative.If the lung or lungs are collapsed because of a stenosis dilation is the best hope.Phil's problem is very complicated.I have been focusing all my prayers on Phil.Thank goodness he has you.Keith.
    "You can tame anything,except the human tongue"

10. Likes Samatata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, Thank God Phil has you and his family fighting for him. I am praying that he will soon beat all these problems with his indomitable will and you at his side...his warrior love!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast