User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Timeout

Doug Guest

Contrary to contrary opinion, I'm not really nice, but thanks, Lisa Coffeelover for obfuscating the point. Or was that me??? Brinley understands the meaning of "hospitality" and "open door" and "carte blanche" and "welcome mat". If the couch fits, sleep on it! No harm done, and next time, I will invite Brinley to "take a load off" and enjoy the couch. Dogs carry a heavy burden, as you know. You're welcome, Lisa! I enjoyed meeting you and your husband Dennis, your Pomeranian Brinley, and your black Lab, whose name I forgot instead of just misheard! You all were wonderful houseguests. I have no plans to move just in case you come through again! Ha!~ I can only second Lisa's invitation to any and all Weggies: if you are in the area, stop by and I'll try to show you something of interest or point you in the right direction if I know of something in the area. It was a magical time. I had no idea what to expect and it turned out to be just a couple people who knew each other through the forum meeting.
    Last edited by Doug; 07-23-2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typos revisited

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carhenge is nice and all, but I'd REALLY like to see something like this :

If any of you live nearby it, I'll pack my bags and be on the next flight out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PuppyHenge? really now! As per Doug's instructions I posted pics of Carhenge and of course of Doug and myself.
    Last edited by coffeelover; 07-23-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Doug Guest

...awwww! Too cute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are "cute" for pred people!
    Now Doug, I need help changing my avatar as I have tried numerous times with no success. Maybe my pics are too large?????
    Lisa and yes I love Coffee!

Doug Guest

Lisa- there is a size limit on avatars, but I seem to have found the way to post just about anything I take with my webcam. Anything I take with my Nikon L18 is too richly pixelated (sorry for creating my own techno-jabber) to fit the requirements. If it is greater than 80 x 80 pixels or 19.5 kb, it won't load as an avatar. Maybe Jack knows how to slide them in!
    Last edited by Doug; 07-24-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resize my images using Microsoft's Powertoys Image Resizer. Google for it - I believe there are versions for both Vista and XP. This allows you to right click on an image and select Resize Image. You can use the Custom setting to get 80 X 80. It then files a reduced copy of your picture with a suffix to its name back into the same folder that it came from.
    Handy for reducing images for eMails and Web site posts.

Doug Guest

Thanks, Jack! I've downloaded a copy (free) and will see what I can do to decorate this and other sites with appropriate-sized photos! Hope this helps you, too, Lisa Coffeelover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    If it is greater than 80 x 80 pixels
    Actually 80 x 80 seems a bit restrictive. I've upped it to 120 x 120 and 40kb in size. See how it goes.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, the universe really IS expanding.....

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast