Likes Likes:  203
Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what you mean about being put on "tube means the end". I and some others had to be intubated to save our lives. We were kept alive by various tubes to give our bodies some rest and time to heal. I know I would not have survived without this treatment. I hope Phil is able to recover without it but i don't think being intubated means the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Update: my sweetie looks today much better. He is awake and his sense of humor is back. Still on higher oxygen. No more on bi-pap after he vommited. They still checking his blood gas. I am still afraid that they will put him on tube, one nasty doc said they might if this blood gas test will not improve enough. Tube means the end. Please pray that they will not put him on tube. We had parade of docs today: the amazing lung doc, the ICU doc that saved his life, the doc that is handling the Ivig, infectious diseases expert, and resident from rheumatology. The plan is to give him more antibiotics to cover all options and to continue the Igiv according to Igg level. Seems like the event of yesterday shaked them to start fighting for my sweetie. Please dont stop praying. Thanks for your caring. Love you.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My beautiful man is not with us anymore. He is in heaven now.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will be truly missed, He was the first person to try and help me on here. He has blessed all of our lives, I am a better person just knowing him. My prayers for you and his family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really don't know what to say. I'm so sorry. I thought things were beginning to be getting better after you'd spotted the mistake with one of the machines.

Nothing can be said to ease your (or his family's) pain. But he knew you were there. He was not alone during his last weeks.

You have been the best possible thing for him.

Pleas take care of yourself now.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbeach78 View Post
    He will be truly missed, He was the first person to try and help me on here. He has blessed all of our lives, I am a better person just knowing him. My prayers for you and his family.
    I don't think there was anyone on this forum that Phil hadn't advised in some way or another. Will truly be missed.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so very sorry. I haven't been around lately and had no idea Phil was not doing well until Nancy (Shupe) messaged me last week. Please know you and Phil's family will be in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg. I am so sorry.
    I don't know what to say, but you were with him all the time and that means the most in our last days.
    Unfortunately, I didn't get the pleasure to chat with him because I came her later.
    You both will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry to hear this. Phil had a number of close calls previously so I expected he would pull through this one too.

I am sure his leaving was eased by your (Alysia) presence and attention during his last days. My condolences.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in shock. I know we knew this could happen, but I really had faith that he would pull through somehow. I know words can't even begin to ease your pain right now, but I'm so sorry for you and for Phil's family. He was blessed to have you by his side through this fight... We were all blessed to have him as a friend and to share in his advice, humour, and friendship. Please let me know if there's anything I or my family in Calgary can do to help you. Are you with Phil's parents? You shouldn't be alone now. Love to you and to Phil's family. I don't even know what to say. It's too sad. I will be thinking of you constantly...
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am stunned. Truly stunned. Throughout this, all I thought was "Batman can do anything!" But then again, Batman is also human...

I am so, so sorry, Alysia. And I am also so, so glad you were with him.

Praying for you, his family and all of us on this forum.

Jen
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast