Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: eyes involvement ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Middlesista View Post
    Alysia - I know you were discussing another Rituxin dose - did your doc run the blood work to see if your B cells are still suppressed?
    interesting. he never talked with me about B cells. maybe because I never asked. I looked at my blood tests. when you say B cells are you talking about the lymphocytes ? mine are under the normal for many years now, after so many rtx and pred. but not zero. the norms here are between 22-43 and mine, from yesterday are16. over the years a bit more or less. how are we supposed to use this number ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to my eye dr. yesterday.
    the inflamation in the eyes looks better, she said. I do feel less burning. no more itchying. what bothers me are the pains in the eyes, especially if I move them to the sides although it is not as bad as it was. also all the area around the eyes is painful. The eyes feel better in the hour after the drops. right now I can sit to the computer, 30 min after the evening drops, what I couldnt do before..
    she said to continue the Lotemax drops for more 2 weeks, 2 drops a day now, and to come for a check again. she said that if I will not feel better or if I will feel worse, to take pred. she suggested 40-30-20-10 each one week or 5 days. but she said to consult with my wg dr. I am also waiting to see if the health service will approve more rtx.
    this eye dr. was amazingly sweet. she is seeing me in the evening after all patients in her private clinic. first time I paid (the health service gives me back 80%, for 3 consultations a year). yesterday she said: you don't need to pay today. I was about to write the cheque but she insisted. totally sweet and kind. divine providence.
    and when I went out I looked up to the sky and I knew that my sweet dr. Phil is in charge from his good place in the presence of God. that he knows how much I miss him and need him and he makes sure that I will be treated in the best hands possible.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you're improving. Nice news about the eye doc. Hope she can continue treating you. Batman still stands guard over you...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    interesting. he never talked with me about B cells. maybe because I never asked. I looked at my blood tests. when you say B cells are you talking about the lymphocytes ? mine are under the normal for many years now, after so many rtx and pred. but not zero. the norms here are between 22-43 and mine, from yesterday are16. over the years a bit more or less. how are we supposed to use this number ?
    This is the test they did to check B cell activity as I understood. I know that all labs run different types of tests and the results are different but I understood that this test will indicate if Rituxin effects of knocking out B cells is still active
    CD20
    Result
    Value
    Ref Range
    CD19
    0.0 (L)
    5.0-25.0 %
    Abs CD19
    0 (L)
    >=150 cells/uL
    CD20
    0.0 (L)
    5.0-25.0 %
    Abs CD20
    0 (L)
    >=150 cells/uL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Middlesista View Post
    This is the test they did to check B cell activity as I understood. I know that all labs run different types of tests and the results are different but I understood that this test will indicate if Rituxin effects of knocking out B cells is still active
    CD20
    Result
    Value
    Ref Range
    CD19
    0.0 (L)
    5.0-25.0 %
    Abs CD19
    0 (L)
    >=150 cells/uL
    CD20
    0.0 (L)
    5.0-25.0 %
    Abs CD20
    0 (L)
    >=150 cells/uL
    Thank you. very interesting. I never saw any of those. I will have to ask my dr. next time that I will see him.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Batman still stands guard over you...
    Thanks Pete. over me and over all of us...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314