Page 221 of 267 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the dilation did not go so well this time. Ended up with a lung infection again. I always go into these now with an antibiotic. This time I had 7 days of Amoxicilin with Clavulonic acid. I have also upped the pred to 40 for a few days then will drop back down to 5 on Monday probably when I start to feel better. Then go to 5mg every other day a week or so after that.

Doc said he saw lots more inflammation in the lower trachea this time as well as some in the bronchi. He said he had to do a bit of balloon dilation but not much, but also commented on how much hardened mucus he had to clean out of the lower trachea. We both agreed as well that I prob always have a low grade infection going on. I told him for a few days prior to this dilation that I had some minor chills off and on and some achy joints and bones and some more mucus from both ends and more nose bleeding while irrigating and some more hard green mucus plugs coming up as well from the throat. He said it could be Wegs active but I highly doubt that. Only time will tell I guess.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update Phil. I too appear to have ongoing infection problems and not sure what is wgs and what isn't . I'm not sure how that works out. I'm glad you are able to look at reducing your pred anyway. That is a good thing. Hang it there buddy.
    Kirk, dx 1980

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Kirk, you always give me much hope. You've had Wegs for almost as long as I have been alive and maybe even longer. I am able to discern fairly well now from an infection and Wegs activity. I will go for labs again next week probably to see if things are improving and have the ANCA done as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really rotten when you can't tell which of your diseases is causing your problem. I guess most of us have multiple issues going on. Sorry to hear that this round didn't go so well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks vdub, I'm sure it is an infection, but only time will tell. I will go for labs this week if I can.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Phil,
    what can I say ? you are inspiring and touching with your courageous handling of this bloody wg and the others stuff. My heart is going out to you. I wish I could have find something useful to heal you. Is it wg active or not ? God knows. And time will tell. And as you always say: "it is what it is".
    I am so sorry for your pains and suffering. You deserve to have peaceful times. You are such a good person, helping so many. I pray for you with all my soul, and I send you big warm hug.

I wish it could have being the same with inflamations and illnesses
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw, thanks so much sweetie pie.......
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I already commented to you on Facebook but want to say I agree with Alysia about your courage in dealing with this stuff, and yes, you are a supremely caring and helpful person who deserves some relief, and some peaceful days where you can be free of pain and illness. Hang in there, and whup this thing, so you can enjoy the holidays with your family.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Anne and Alysia, you two are so sweet. I love you both as well as so many others on here. I'm sure I will be feeling better by tomorrow or Monday at latest.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your lungs again

Here are a few Batman jokes to cheer you up

Batman and Robin are camping in the desert, they set up their tent and fall asleep. Some hours later, Batman wakes his faithful friend. "Robin, look up at the sky and tell me what you see." Robin replies, " I see millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" asks Batman. Robin ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Chronologically, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you, Batman?" "Robin, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."

source: Batman Jokes - DC Comics Jokes
    Last edited by vdub; 12-15-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)