Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jack - Rembered

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel so blessed to have been welcomed to this forum by Jack. I didn't realize how young he was when he passed, he used such wisdom and grace in his words, he was an old soul. He, Al, Lightwarrior, Barbara and Phil are all greatly missed here amongst our special family of Warriors. It is so great to remember and honor all our fallen Warriors, may they all be at peace now.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another year has gone by and unfortunately we add another to the list.
    Our friend Heather aka Squiggled, lost her fight this morning.

Rest in 'pain free' Peace Heather
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Andew or Vdub have another candle to place. Sigh....
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was so sorry to read this on Facebook today.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heather lived in my community, had been to see me at the Farmers Market, and I had been to her house. Many had gotten to know her through Facebook. This is a big shock to me, for sure. She was a sweet and wonderful person who leaves behind three adult daughters and a younger son, if I have that right, as well as her best friend, who happens to be her ex husband, and at least one dog, maybe two, not sure. She was so excited to get a set of raised garden beds, put in for free by a local organization, for growing veggies this summer. But she has been in and out of the hospital so much with various issues in addition to Wegs.... she just could not seem to catch a break. My heart breaks for all her family and friends. Thank you, Michelle, for adding Heather to the thread... I only wish it didn't have to be so.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne - I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't know Heather very well - but I remember how excited she was to get the raised garden beds. You will miss her, and it is so sad to lose her from this forum as well.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    Anne - I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't know Heather very well - but I remember how excited she was to get the raised garden beds. You will miss her, and it is so sad to lose her from this forum as well.
    Thanks, Jacquie. I did not know her all that well, but at least had met and talked with her in person, and it hurts to know we won't get the chance to develop that friendship. She was a very open and warm person, and such a trooper when it came to dealing with her health issues. Now I know the way to her house, but there's no more reason to go there! Sad.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP dear Heather...
    Anyone know what happened to her ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been on the forum in a long time. I came on today because I had been thinking about Jack and was surprised to see this post as the first in the new post list. Several years ago, Jack said "just because you have one bad disease, doesn't mean you can't get another". He was so right. I have been focused on the diseases I have and not the ones I could get and skin cancer wasn't even on the radar.

I had a biopsy taken a couple weeks ago and the lab test came back today - positive for cancer. Not a real big deal, though, at least I don't think so. It was a real small spot and they think they got it all even though it was a fast-spreading variety. I have a follow-up in a couple weeks to see anything is remaining. I'm not too worried.

And if that isn't bad enough, I had to go off the mtx to prepare for my knee surgery and my rheumy wanted me to stay off to see if I would continue in remission -- nope, didn't work out that way. Started flaring -- extreme fatigue, joint pain, dripping nose, cough, shortness of breath, the whole 9 yards. So, rheumy put me back on mtx a couple weeks ago -- its just now beginning to kick in and I'm feeling a little better.

I'll get a candle on for Squiggled. On edit: The candle is in-place for Heather. Can anyone think of others that I might have overlooked? Thanks, vw
    Last edited by vdub; 09-23-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I haven't been on the forum in a long time. I came on today because I had been thinking about Jack and was surprised to see this post as the first in the new post list. Several years ago, Jack said "just because you have one bad disease, doesn't mean you can't get another". He was so right. I have been focused on the diseases I have and not the ones I could get and skin cancer wasn't even on the radar.

I had a biopsy taken a couple weeks ago and the lab test came back today - positive for cancer. Not a real big deal, though, at least I don't think so. It was a real small spot and they think they got it all even though it was a fast-spreading variety. I have a follow-up in a couple weeks to see anything is remaining. I'm not too worried.

And if that isn't bad enough, I had to go off the mtx to prepare for my knee surgery and my rheumy wanted me to stay off to see if I would continue in remission -- nope, didn't work out that way. Started flaring -- extreme fatigue, joint pain, dripping nose, cough, shortness of breath, the whole 9 yards. So, rheumy put me back on mtx a couple weeks ago -- its just now beginning to kick in and I'm feeling a little better.

I'll get a candle on for Squiggled.
    Sorry to hear the Weg roller coaster took a drop to cause some more stress for you, just what every Weggie needs---NOT!
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast