Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: pberggren memorial thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Even in the best hospitals with great care it seems necessary or at least very desirable to have a guardian present to over see your care. I believe my survival was due to the constant supervision provided by my family who directed my health care when I was unable to do so. They can ensure hospital staff are fully aware of any important changes in ones condition and call for help when needed. Med errors are one of the leading causes of death (third in USA) in hospitals. Phil is very lucky to have such a dedicated guardian with him. But it is a very stressful job so Alysia try to take good care of yourself too. Is there anyone there to help support you or give you a break?
    I agree Phil is lucky to have you there with him. Please do watch your own health. ALl the stress of worrying for Phil can't be good for you as well I know he would want you to be well. Still praying for both of you.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sending prayers and healing thoughts from Sweden for you both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen on Facebook that Phil's parents are on their way back again. They have been ill and that's why they've stayed away for a bit. Alysia, yes, you need some breaks here, though I know it is hard to leave his side. Having more loved ones there for support will help. Bless you all.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank God Alysia that you were there to see there was a problem and get something done.
    So scary.
    I am very suprised that they would give someone with respiratory problems an opioid.
    Opiates suppress the breathing.
    Keep a good eye on him and ask all the questions you can!
    My prayers are with you both!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a frightening experience for both of you! Phil is blessed to have you there with him and watching over him so closely. I agree with mrtmeo about their choice of a pain medication. It doesn't make sense unless their was no other reasonable choice for pain control. Take good care of yourself, and please share our prayers and words of support with Phil's parents. After becoming a parent myself, I now understand how painful it is to watch your child suffering or ill and I'm sure this has been a very difficult time for them also.
    We must let go of the life we have planned so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
    Joseph Campbell

When sleeping women wake, mountains move.
    Chinese proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: my sweetie looks today much better. He is awake and his sense of humor is back. Still on higher oxygen. No more on bi-pap after he vommited. They still checking his blood gas. I am still afraid that they will put him on tube, one nasty doc said they might if this blood gas test will not improve enough. Tube means the end. Please pray that they will not put him on tube. We had parade of docs today: the amazing lung doc, the ICU doc that saved his life, the doc that is handling the Ivig, infectious diseases expert, and resident from rheumatology. The plan is to give him more antibiotics to cover all options and to continue the Igiv according to Igg level. Seems like the event of yesterday shaked them to start fighting for my sweetie. Please dont stop praying. Thanks for your caring. Love you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ok. Eating healthy. Sleeping enough. Having my daily walking from my hostel to the ICU. When my sweetie holds my hand, which he does most of the time, and yesterday all the time after he was back, I dont need anything. Just that he will get better.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds much better about both of you. Hoping it continues!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is encouraging that he's feeling better.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Update: my sweetie looks today much better. He is awake and his sense of humor is back. Still on higher oxygen. No more on bi-pap after he vommited. They still checking his blood gas. I am still afraid that they will put him on tube, one nasty doc said they might if this blood gas test will not improve enough. Tube means the end. Please pray that they will not put him on tube. We had parade of docs today: the amazing lung doc, the ICU doc that saved his life, the doc that is handling the Ivig, infectious diseases expert, and resident from rheumatology. The plan is to give him more antibiotics to cover all options and to continue the Igiv according to Igg level. Seems like the event of yesterday shaked them to start fighting for my sweetie. Please dont stop praying. Thanks for your caring. Love you.
    You are definitely in our prayers daily.
    It's possible that he may have some withdrawals from the opiate overdose.
    The worst of the withdrawals last about 3-4 days.

Also, I was wondering if they checked his ANCA and PR3 values and if they are elevated, could they use plasma exchange?
    Plasma exchange will remove the anca's, but not sure if it removes the pr3's.
    Last edited by mrtmeo; 10-03-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast