Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rituxan Protocols and Successess or Failures

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the first infusion. No reactions during infusions. Tired when I got home. Tired Friday but definite feeling of wellness. Today I have extreme fatigue every joint hurts red snot. I have three more infusions so I still have hope that Rituxan plus three more infusions will equal sleeping potion for Wegs dog.

Sound of Music is my granddaughter's Desirees favorite movie.

I can feel all the warmth and light.

Now...how do I taper my pred and mtx?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    I had the first infusion. No reactions during infusions. Tired when I got home. Tired Friday but definite feeling of wellness. Today I have extreme fatigue every joint hurts red snot. I have three more infusions so I still have hope that Rituxan plus three more infusions will equal sleeping potion for Wegs dog.

Sound of Music is my granddaughter's Desirees favorite movie.

I can feel all the warmth and light.

Now...how do I taper my pred and mtx?
    Glad the first infusion seemed OK. Hope you feel better soon. The docs will tell you when and how to taper the other meds but hopefully the higher dosages will help you get into a remission quicker and feeling better too. Think healthy thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad yr 1st infusion went well Light..1 down 3 more to go and I'm sure you'll be down to nearly nothing on the preds and mtx soon. Just try to get as much r&r as you can and your light will be glowing bright again soon !!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gosh ,I feel so bad for your daughter having to go thru all of this at such a young age. Its tough enough for us old folks to handle this let alone a teenager.You and your husband sure have yr hands full especially with a newborn.I never heard of PRES before..I'll have to google it.That's why I am so learing about trying all this drugs they keep pushing on us.I can hardly wait til I go see my reumy and he finds out I haven't been taken Cellcept,I'm just praying my bloodwork comes back good before I see him. But as for Bethany ...I hope she starts to feel better soon and has no more problems.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good to hear the 1st went well. The infusion lab I go to usually was reacations with everyone who takes it. my first time malwas okay. second time better but third time i went in tired and weak and didnt take it well. tired after also. but a few days after resting got back to whatever is normal.
    see from another view.......on a tree top.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad all went well for you, Light. Sounds like you are in good hands (in many ways) and the outlook over the next month should be bright and sunny!! Keep us informed of your progress!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onatreetop View Post
    It is good to hear the 1st went well. The infusion lab I go to usually was reacations with everyone who takes it. my first time malwas okay. second time better but third time i went in tired and weak and didnt take it well. tired after also. but a few days after resting got back to whatever is normal.
    I am so tired and weak but how are you? I read your other post. Is there someone who can manage your wegs there? I hate it that the Weg dog is barking at both of us right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lightwarrior,

I'm sorry you're feeling down, but I know that this is the right direction for you. I think of you often and am sending that awesome light that's always coming out of you in our direction back into your direction. Take care of yourself, and use this as an opportunity to pamper yourself a bit - brought to you by the universe.

And if you really want to feel good, after your next infusion look at the toilet every time you go number one for a couple days and know that you're about to flush all those confused, belligerent little B Cells down the toilet, and you'll never have to deal with them again. I like to wave bye-bye to them as they swirl away

Lots of love to you my friend.

m

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had 4 Rituxan transfusions approx. 1-1/2 years ago. Went out of remission this past March. Had (2) transfusions. Blood test (inflation) is still showing to high. The doctor put me on Leslunomide - anyone else use this before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    Had 4 Rituxan transfusions approx. 1-1/2 years ago. Went out of remission this past March. Had (2) transfusions. Blood test (inflation) is still showing to high. The doctor put me on Leslunomide - anyone else use this before.
    Thanks for sharing your experience I get my 4th infusion this Friday. Today is the best day I have had so far. I do have cellulitis in lower right leg which my pcp jumped on. Levaqun 500mg a day X 7 days. I also have the start of a vascular ulcer lower right and left legs with right leg draining clear fluid enough to soak my sock by noon I'm going to make a wound care appt tomorrow. I can't walk over 100 ft without breaking into a full body sweat and not being able to breath. I 'm hoping that the Rituxan will help with that when it fully kicks in.

I think I am getting scared and need to vent to you guys. What if Rituxan doesn 't work for me? I've never had a drug free remission. Why is wegs fighting me so hard? I cut from 60 to 50 of pred Do I need to go back up on the pred? Wil I ever be able to get off of pred?

Okay I'm done with my waa waa waa. Thanks for listening. Go 4th infusion of Rtx

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast