Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It feels nice to share:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Orpheus (Mike) and welcome to the forum.

Lurking is good, we all did it

Everyone has said everything that needs to be said, I just wanted to make mention of that smell - yuck

I lost my sense of smell many years ago however I will never forget that smell that was in the back of the nose. It wasn't a smell that anyone else good smell because it was coming from the inside. Like dirty socks and a rotten garbage truck, all rolled in to one.
    Thanks for bringing back a memory that I was trying so hard to forget - Lol

Take care and let us know how you are getting along, now that you are back out of hospital
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I just wanted to make mention of that smell - yuck

Like dirty socks and a rotten garbage truck, all rolled in to one.
    Awwww... I forgot about it till the garbage truck and dirty socks combination. Did you also have an endless taste of salt? It didn't matter what I tried to eat it all tasted like a block of salt and nothing else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Awwww... I forgot about it till the garbage truck and dirty socks combination. Did you also have an endless taste of salt? It didn't matter what I tried to eat it all tasted like a block of salt and nothing else.
    No, but what I like and don't like has changed (I think because of the Kemo drugs I am on). Water has a very strong metallic taste to it, I don't like chocolate anymore and it appears that I like fish now (before, even the smell of fish would make me sick).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    No, but what I like and don't like has changed (I think because of the Kemo drugs I am on). Water has a very strong metallic taste to it, I don't like chocolate anymore and it appears that I like fish now (before, even the smell of fish would make me sick).
    For me metalic taste in water was caused by an infection, wish I could remember which infection, I've had so many.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Glad you were diagnosed. I'm curious as to which hospital you were diagnosed in? Which province? We too were fortunate to have had ER docs who had seen wegs before.
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123