User Tag List

Likes Likes:  24

Thread: Had lung biopsy yesterday, best news!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Had lung biopsy yesterday, best news!

So three weeks ago a CT scan revealed 4 masses in my lungs. One large one by my right shoulder (which was causing extreme pleural pain), one by the plural lining of my heart (more extreme pain), one by my throat, and another smaller one elsewhere. I've been on 60mg/day prednisone for 12 days now. I still have flare-ups that occur often, mainly roaming joint pain and nosebleeds, but the prednisone keeps them from completely disabling me and the chest pain in my shoulder has almost disappeared.

Many doctors wanted to biopsy the large shoulder mass but because of the location I had to have a needle biopsy, everything went really well and the hardest part was just getting over the psychological aspect. I did cough up a lot of blood but I felt very safe and recovered fairly quickly (I do feel very sore all over and tired today but I'm resting to avoid any complications).

Anyway, after I came to my senses from sedation the radiologist told me that when scouted my lungs that THREE OF THE MASSES DISAPPEARED! It will be a few days until I hear back from my pulmonologist to see if the large mass has shrunk or not but I feel extremely hopeful.

This is the absolute best news that I could have hoped for, I feel so relieved today. I haven't felt relaxed like this for months.

Next week I'm meeting with my rheumatologist and hopefully beginning remission treatment. GPA symptoms still pop up every day (nose bleeds, inner-ear pain, roaming joint pain, sweats) but the prednisone keeps them from getting extreme/disabling. It feels like the disease is like... banging on my gates and trying to find a chink in my armor is the best way I can describe it.

I'm not out of the water yet with the large mass, cancer still isn't ruled out, but yesterday was a huge moral victory. I just wanted to share the good news.

Love you all,
    Howard

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Had lung biopsy yesterday, best news!

I'm happy for you, Howard, after all that worrying. I hope the good news will continue.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

3. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing Howard. I am glad the masses disapeared. Praise The Lord. Sending prayers for more good news.
    Did they disapear because of the pred ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

5. Likes howard, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thanks for sharing Howard. I am glad the masses disapeared. Praise The Lord. Sending prayers for more good news.
    Did they disapear because of the pred ?
    Thanks Alysia. Yes, it was from the pred. When I had my blood work taken my white cells were really high so they wanted to biopsy the large mass before starting other treatment. Many doctors think there are two things going on and my rheumy said that if I were to get the wrong treatment it "would be tragic" which I interpret as it would kill me.

I'll know everything next Friday so for now I'm just soaking in the victory, I'm going to head back to work on Monday, and I'm going to live this week as normal as I can and just let my mind ease. I feel like I've done everything that's in my control to do and now I just have to wait and pray.

7. Likes Alysia, Jaha, blu4runner, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so happy that you received such goods news. I am wishing you all the best for your results in Friday! Take good care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

9. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news Howard, such a relief for you.
    Diagnosed April 1995

11. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the news continued to be good! . Unquestionably Gpa. No cancer!❤️❤️❤️

13. Likes Pete, drz, MikeG-2012 liked this post