PDA

View Full Version : help weird things are happening

LisaMarie
08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
ok guys ...i rubbed my right eye and half my eyelashes came out...now the lid is red and swollen....almost like a sty...so should i been concerned or is it just a side effect from the 1 dose of cytoxan??? I start rituxan either this week or next...700mg weekly for 4 weeks...wish me luck....my new nick name of lopsided...per my lovely children.....chunky monkey to lopsided...gotta love those babies of mine..lol:cool:

pberggren1
08-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I forget Lisa Marie, do you see Dr. Abdou in KC?

Did you take oral or IV ctx?

I have never heard of eyelashes falling out like that. I would be concerned. How far away are you from Dr. Abdou? I might be inclined to go to the ER.

LisaMarie
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM
took IV 1 gram ...seeing Dr Abdou's office partner....he is just there for consult....very hard to for what ever reason to have him be my primary...some rumors he may be retiring i start rituxan either this friday or next.....700 mg for 4 weeks....it does not hurt unless i touch it....just weird as heck

pberggren1
08-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Are you on Facebook?

DEE
08-03-2010, 04:28 PM
LisaMarie
just to say ive lost most of my eyelashes and i take oral cytoxan it happened very early on and because on no lashes it looks as though you have red eyeliner on
oh the joys of our drugs DEEx

andrew
08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Initially I would have thought it might be the Cytoxan but if the eyelid is red and swollen then it could be something else, perhaps an infection sinking in due to your low immune system. Might be a good idea to visit the doc as soon as you can. Is there any pain with it?

elephant
08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Ditto to all the above, LisaMarie get it check out ASAP that eye lid could be cellulits. Keep us posted.

misskay
08-03-2010, 11:12 PM
I lost the lashes on my right eye after about 1 week on oral Cytoxan... but no redness or pain. I'd at least get it checked to be sure it isn't an infection, and avoid rubbing it or anything to prevent further irritation.

LisaMarie
08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Have an apppointment with my regular doc today ....it is not swollen any more and only sore if I rub it so I don't rub it.....lol...the joys of side effects of meds...I do not see any bumps like it is a sty starting but wit WG you never know right......will keep yall posted

LisaMarie
08-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Are you on Facebook?
yes i have a facebook account just cannot figure how to link it to the WG page....will try agian at home...my work computer does not allow facebook...ughh

Sangye
08-04-2010, 01:21 AM
The eyelids are particularly sensitive to high inflammation, and just rubbing them can cause them to swell and burn. It sounds like losing the eyelashes was due to the ctx. I didn't experience that on oral ctx.

DEE
08-04-2010, 02:47 AM
it was the first place i lost hair didnot notice until i tried to put on mascara on day when we were going out i looked like a clown !!
lost quite a few from eyebrows too which isn tto bad less work :) DEE X

pberggren1
08-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Lisa Marie, how come your computer does not allow Facebook?

andrew
08-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Lisa Marie, how come your computer does not allow Facebook?

It'll be blocked by a web filter at her work. Same thing where I work. Facebook apparently isn't work-related....pfffffttt ;)

misskay
08-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Same thing when I'm in the hospital... can access the web, but not FaceBook. I suppose it's to keep employees from using their phones to get on it.

LisaMarie
08-04-2010, 11:29 PM
oh i think facebook could be work related...stress reliever

Lightwarrior
08-05-2010, 02:16 AM
I can't access facebook, twitter or any of the other social networks either from my work computer. Oh well....guess I'll really have to work.