PDA

View Full Version : Twitter and Facebook

andrew
08-01-2010, 01:07 AM
In a valiant effort to get more visitors I have added the forum to Twitter and Facebook:

If you're on Twitter, follow us: https://twitter.com/wegenersforum

If you're on Facebook, friend/like us: Wegener's Granulomatosis Disease Support Forum on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wegeners-Granulomatosis-Disease-Support-Forum/136560823048512?ref=sgm)

There's a plugin somewheres that adds posts in the forum to Facebook (I think) so I'll try and add that soon...

misskay
08-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Great idea! Just 'liked' us on FB :)

andrew
08-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Thanks!!! :)

elephant
08-01-2010, 01:55 AM
thanks Andrew!

Lola
08-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Groan...now I will have to learn about Twitter. I had thought that at my age I could start sliding on the technology. hah.

Jack
08-01-2010, 02:28 AM
I know nothing about Twitter or Facebook other than that both my daughters use them. Am I missing out?

Lola
08-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Like, uh, yeah! Totally, Jack. You need to join the 21st century, man.

Twitter and FB are where it's at, don't you know? I'd be happy to share my expertise with you.

brocky99
08-01-2010, 02:37 AM
on facebook all time have pushed the like button too.

Jack
08-01-2010, 02:40 AM
But don't people on there use their full names and publish photos? That sounds scary to me, I prefer to hide a bit.

DEE
08-01-2010, 03:13 AM
im like you Jack just got son to explian it to me :) DEEx

elephant
08-01-2010, 03:57 AM
I finally joined facebook. My whole family and including aunt and uncle were on it! So I was the last person in our whole entire family to join!

Lightwarrior
08-01-2010, 04:30 AM
I finally joined facebook. My whole family and including aunt and uncle were on it! So I was the last person in our whole entire family to join!

I joined because a lot of my friends at work did. I don't go on very much and I find it tiring to respond to all the farmville or please send me a tree requests from the virtual farms people have. I just quit responding to those requests.

misskay
08-01-2010, 05:56 AM
you can make those posts invisible, but still see if a friend really has something to say. Hover your mouse on the upper right hand corner of the offending (Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc) post and you will get a 'remove' or 'ignore' icon. Click that...

I joined FB to stay in touch with out-of-state family (sooo much better than long distace bills) but have never Twittered... Tweeted... whatever :p

Doug
08-01-2010, 06:15 AM
I joined because a lot of my friends at work did. I don't go on very much and I find it tiring to respond to all the farmville or please send me a tree requests from the virtual farms people have. I just quit responding to those requests.

Me too, Lightwarrior! Me, too! I'm not as comfortan=ble with these two as I am the forum because it seems the conversations are too - I'm at a loss here...- disjointed. There might be three or more people conversing about three things with one person on their Wall. The Farmville join requests and all that clutter leave me cold, too. You can spend an awful lot of time clicking on the "ignore" option on these requests. I probably won't look for this forum on those site, though I do feel Andrew is right that they have the potential to bring in more people since they are very popular places for people to go. (Just don't look for me even though I have Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook accounts, the result of family and friends trying to get me to use my time up on those sites. I barely keep up with this one and DailyBooth. I have a blog I should be posting on today. I may have some July posts, but I think maybe not.

Lightwarrior
08-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Thank you misskay I will do that next time I'm on.

Jack
08-01-2010, 06:38 AM
My children don't think it would be very cool for their dad to appear on Facebook. :(

pwc51
08-01-2010, 06:41 AM
My daughters tell me I have signed up for Facebook and Twitter but I have no clear idea of how they are supposed to be used! Any enlightenment greatly appreciated. My daughters tend to spend inordinate amounts of time on both but will never reveal exactly what they are up to! (I know they are not reaching the sort of contacts they shouldn't but that is about all!). It is busy enough, for me, keeping up with this forum without watching other websites too!!!!

Sangye
08-01-2010, 06:45 AM
I love Twitter. I've never been on Facebook and probably won't-- just too much time on computer stuff.

elephant
08-01-2010, 07:42 AM
I never twittered before, is it short and easy?

pberggren1
08-01-2010, 08:59 AM
I joined Facebook a while ago but have never been on Twitter.

Sangye
08-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Twitter is very easy. It's just like conversation. It takes awhile to learn how to say things in only 140 characters. Once you learn a few shortcuts, it's tons of fun. You meet people from all over the world.

pberggren1
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks Sangye I might try it. I just added Lucy and Lisa as my Facebook friends. You can chat in real time there.

Lola
08-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I was just kidding you, Jack. Of all the people who would NOT appear on Facebook - it is you. You are too sophisticated in my book.

pberggren1
08-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Jack, Facebook is easy and we could chat real time if you joined.

andrew
08-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I too am not entirely sure how Twitter will come in handy but I have to jump in sooner or later if only for the purposes of promoting the site. I'm on Facebook waaaaay too much for my own good however I find it a great way to keep in touch with people I only get to see every so often.

pberggren1
08-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I'll add you as a friend Andrew.

Deanne Hull
08-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I can't seem to find it at all, can anyone help?

Doug
08-01-2010, 11:01 PM
My children don't think it would be very cool for their dad to appear on Facebook. :(

Jack- I'm seven years older than you [("...and none the wiser for it....")(Hey, brain! I hear what you're saying about me! Not nice!)] - sorry, just a little inner dialogue popped up- and I think your daughters are right. I feel I have 35 years left at tops, something to consider when accepting an invitation to play Farmville, even more so when you have an AI disease called WG. I joined a lot of things when I first retired and set myself up with a computer. I would chose more wisely in future, but, for the time being, I rarely stop by these places except to ponder why I don't just drop out. Family pressure is one. [That's starting to fall short- haven't they heard of this thing they call- what's it?!- the tellyphone? Jist walk up to it and say "hello! hello!", and people answer back. Ha!

Jack
08-01-2010, 11:11 PM
I use the telephone rather than the text messages that my children always use. I don't see the point of struggling to type a short message when I can say all I need in a couple of minutes and know that I have been understood.

RPylican
08-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Im on FB a couple times a week and love it for keeping in touch with family and reconnecting with friends from all around the US. I get annoyed with all the Farmville, Mafia Wars and other games but just hide them so I don't have to see all the posts. I LOVE that there is a link to this forum now on FB and have "Liked" it already. I have a Twitter account but haven't really figured it out yet. I'll have to find some time to figure it out, I'm sure I'll like it when I do.

Doug
08-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I can't handle the short message format of Twitter, which, like the birdy sound of its name, is a twitchy, jittery place I find uncomfortable.

pberggren1
08-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Twitter just looks like a waste of time to me.

Jack
08-02-2010, 05:10 AM
I can't even keep up with the posts on this forum today. It has been very busy!

elephant
08-02-2010, 05:12 AM
I know this forum is like a four lane busy highway at rush hour. Glad we have the traffic!

pberggren1
08-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Some days I get overwhelmed on here trying to keep up with the new posts.

elephant
08-02-2010, 05:19 AM
I hate to miss one, because I love reading them. OOPPs PHil here is another one you got to read. :)

DEE
08-02-2010, 05:49 AM
thought it was me been slow :) DEE x

Doug
08-02-2010, 06:16 AM
thought it was me been slow :) DEE x

I've been trying to get my posts to read below two pages of 20 all afternoon, and it just isn't happening!

DEE
08-02-2010, 06:22 AM
i had 25 at 6am this morning and was doing ok until e went out for an hour or so and then ended back at square one
tired now so will say goodnight and i will have to play catch up tomorrow DEEx

Deanne Hull
08-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Hi I love fb, it is a cheap way of connecting with family and friends overseas, i have a friend with intellectually handicapped 16yo twins and we like to help them with farmville as they love it, I used to play all the games when i was first diagnosed with WG, as i had to stay home an awful lot it was a way of connecting with the outside world and gave me something to do to keep busy, especially with my mind...

elephant
08-02-2010, 08:50 AM
I love FB too, but don't play the games...because I love being on here....I have two young kids....my friends are into those games and enjoy them!

pberggren1
08-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I would like to join my fellow Weggies on this site on Facebook as well. So please anyone that is on Facebook please send me an invite as a friend. My name on Facebook is Phil Berggre.

andrew
08-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I can't seem to find it at all, can anyone help?

Clicky: Wegener's Granulomatosis Disease Support Forum | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wegeners-Granulomatosis-Disease-Support-Forum/136560823048512?ref=sgm)

andrew
08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
I would like to join my fellow Weggies on this site on Facebook as well. So please anyone that is on Facebook please send me an invite as a friend. My name on Facebook is Phil Berggre.

Was good chatting to you last night! I'm liking the Audi at the moment ;-)