PDA

View Full Version : s o s talisman braclet

DEE
07-31-2010, 09:20 PM
finally got a braclet
wasn t sure at first but a few people have suggested that i should mainly to inform the name of condition main drugs and more important wg consult name and contact details
wg consult said even if its never needed in an emergency it is noticeable to others that you have a medical condition should you need their help
i know it does not fit the endless list of drugs but can put NHS no which he said is a reliable source of my medical information
just wondering on other people thoughts on subject
DEEx

Hammy8241
07-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Well done Dee. I’m sure I’ll never get around to it.

NHS or hospital & patient no. a must IMO. Steroid & Chemo names/dose yes. You could say ‘plus x other drugs’ to indicate to others that they need to take some care in treating you and to save your arm aching with over pen use.

Oh yes – spell your name correctly too helps and me? I’d add that I need loads of chocolate in block capitals.

pberggren1
08-01-2010, 09:03 AM
There's Hammy's humour again.

DEE
08-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Its ok Phil my sense of humour is about the only thing ive not lost lately when i do im in trouble because ast the moment if i dont laaugh about all the problems id cry probably 24 /7
Hammy keep making us laugh !! and by the way im adding tomatoes to my list yes i know weird or what :) here goes ,,,,,,,,,,, DEEx :)

Sangye
08-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Dee, tomatoes are a great food if you want to increase Fire in your body.... If you eat a lot, you'll notice much more pain, inflammation, sweats and swelling within a few hours. Good food to limit. Amazing isn't it? Both the foods you really want-- chocolate and tomatoes-- are at the top of the list of what will worsen inflammatory disease and pred side effects.

Sorry for the bad news. Please don't throw your shoes at me. :D

DEE
08-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Sahgye just got back from shopping and bought a pair of new shoes so not going to throw them today !
hubby going a greenhouse full of tomatoes just now maybe i can have a tomato party and feed them to everyone else
will have to go back to orignal treat JELLY BABIES :) DEEx

Hammy8241
08-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Sahgye just got back from shopping and bought a pair of new shoes so not going to throw them today !
hubby going a greenhouse full of tomatoes just now maybe i can have a tomato party and feed them to everyone else
will have to go back to orignal treat JELLY BABIES :) DEEx

Heads or feet first Dee?

Maybe we should ask Sangye to offer us a list of approved snacks.

(Dee, then we could try adding the words, chocolate, sugar coated, or muffin before and after each one to see if there is something we would actually like...... )

Sangye
08-02-2010, 01:42 AM
LOL-- Both of you are going to fail the Pop Quiz unless you go review the material. http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/medication/943-how-beat-some-preds-side-effects.html#post21510 (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/medication/943-how-beat-some-preds-side-effects.html#post21510)

Don't make me have to contact your spouses. :D

Hammy8241
08-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Don't make me have to contact your spouses. :D

Ouch! Under the belt that one.:)

i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots I love carrots, i love carrots i love carrots i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots I love carrots, i love carrots i love carrots i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots I love carrots, i love carrots i love carrots i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots I love carrots, i love carrots i love carrots i hate carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots I love carrots, i love carrots i love carrots i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots I love carrots, i love carrots i love carrots i love choc, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots I love carrots, i love carrots i love carrots i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots, i love carrots I love carrots, i love carrots i love carrots

Jack
08-02-2010, 01:57 AM
I like coffee and tomatoes.

;)

Sangye
08-02-2010, 02:12 AM
All of you are going to have to stay after class. Although Hammy, I will count your post as credit towards that punishment.

DEE
08-02-2010, 02:17 AM
[QUOTE=Hammy8241;21511]Heads or feet first Dee

HEADS FIRST HAMMY :) shhhhh Jack dont mention coffee ::) DEE x

Jack
08-02-2010, 02:18 AM
I can't stay behind today Miss - I've got a doctor's appointment. :p

DEE
08-02-2010, 02:36 AM
i might have to go with Jack to make sure he gets there safely :) DEEx

Sangye
08-02-2010, 02:49 AM
LOL-- I've already spoken to your doctor, Jack. He was very clear that he didn't want Wegs to stand in the way of getting a good education, and he rescheduled your appointment. :D

DEE
08-02-2010, 03:04 AM
:) :) :) :) dee x

Jack
08-02-2010, 04:05 AM
You can't do that Miss, that's privileged information. I'm going to sue for a million dollars! :)

Doug
08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
[Go for a million pounds, Jack. They're worth more. Shh! Just saying!]

Hammy8241
08-03-2010, 08:12 PM

NHS or hospital & patient no. a must IMO. Steroid & Chemo names/dose yes. You could say ‘plus x other drugs’ to indicate to others that they need to take some care in treating you .

Well I say It's a first!

I'm the only one here to offer any serious advice in answer to this thread. Should I be worried?

Dee. I agree Heads it is. Which colour/flavour do to leave to last?

DEE
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Hammy red ones !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bought one from personel choose as i sometimes out on my own locally and have on occasions blackout so was bought for my own peace of mind and on the occasion i had blood clots on my lungs and just manage to relate meds etc as breathing and talking was difficult
on that occasion could have used sos braclet
it was just to say think about it maybe one day you might need one as they are visible and some people might be less likely to go into someones pocket or handbag to look for information
just a thought DEEx

Hammy8241
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM

Dee, thanks to you, I'm having a change of heart on this subject. Although i don't do jewellery etc I now think that it would be wise in my case to have something on me.

My thinking is such:

1. I have a serious disease and am drugs which can interact violently with other types of medication or cause me harm if not taken.

2. I often work alone.

3. it has been common practise to have a label tied to your shoes/shirt giving your name and a phone number in case you come a 'cropper' when out in the wilderness on a run (but not by me! I always took money to get a taxi back home!). It would be sensible ( it’s the pred!) to have fuller information on me.

Black for me - swop red 4 black??

DEE
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
hammy
found it hard to find in locai jewllers
i got a stainless steel sos tailisman online at a reasonable rate delivered in two days
from [email protected] or tel 0800 0344637
and i have just sent for a keyring that says you sos tailisman and you rrecieve a sticker for can windscren to say you wear one free with the baclet
hope this is of some use as when i went online most company that could supply were in USA
DEEx

DEE
08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
sorry about spelling mistakes left eye really bag today wont stop watering and can just about see keyboard DEEx

Hammy8241
08-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for info Dee. Just ordered a dog tag with memory card as I like the IT bit, but with paper back up!!. Used a online company but delivery not until september ...i can wait.

elephant
08-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Hammy that sounds fance! Dee and Hammy you guys are right...I need to get a medical braclet too.

marta
08-06-2010, 04:19 AM
I finally got me some new 'SOS Bling'.
It's qutie cool looking actually. There are a few great sites from the UK, and I got mine from a site from the States.
It's funny though cuz I had to chose a design that would accommodate a looooot of letters.
Here's a link to the site that I got mine from if anyone is interested.

Medical Alert Bracelets, Medical ID Alert Jewelry, Necklaces (http://www.stickyj.com/medical-emergency.html)

For my Canadian friends, you will have to pay an extra $20+ for customs if you order from here, but it sure beats the stuff that you get from the 'mall'.

pberggren1
08-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Thanks Marta. I might call you tonight about that.

Hammy8241
10-05-2010, 03:26 AM
One advantage of the memory card type is that you can change the drug info as and when you want. I would think a paper record would get messy very quickly with the number of drug in/decreases additions and changes we seem to make.

DEE
10-05-2010, 05:06 AM
:flapper::flapper::flapper:Hammy ive had to change mine twice already ,inserts 50p each
because of the amount of drugs it does not give room to change
so have had to rewrite each time ' how much was yours ? DEE x
bey not as cheap as jelly babies :biggrin1:

Hammy8241
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
DEE;26697' how much was yours ? DEE x[/SIZE
[/FONT]
bey not as cheap as jelly babies :biggrin1:

Not quite Dee. It was about £30 inc of the engraving.
Link here: Medical ID Alert Bracelets and Necklaces. Universal Medical ID. (http://www.universalmedicalid.com/mkt_uk/category.php?mastercategory=necklaces&bbscrollerpage=8&scrollcat=acc_usbdogtag)

Only problem I have with it is the fact that the medi alert sign rubs off. Had a replacement but it is no better. Must try to find a sticky lable or similar.

Other potential problems beside no one having a PC to read the info:rolleyes1: is its not waterproof so getting hit by a water tanker is not reccommended!:unsure: