PDA

View Full Version : Dose b.p. Medicen (envas) helps to control protine in urine

nagesh
07-23-2010, 06:08 PM
My 14 year old son is taking b.p. Medicen (envas) 25 mg a day to control protine in urine
since past 18 months . Now, his 24 hours urine results are at normal range

1) is it required beyond when protine in urine level is normal

please give some insight

Jack
07-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Renal involvement often results in high blood pressure which must be controlled. In fact, it is almost a case of the lower the better from the kidney's point of view. In addition to this effect, an ACE inhibitor such as Envas is known to provide protection for the kidneys so they win both ways. Unless your son has problems due to taking this drug, I would expect him to remain on it for some time if not indefinitely.

Of course, I don't know your son's exact circumstances, so I may be entirely wrong. ;)

talentx7
07-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Dr.s put my son on BP med ( cozaar) to help his kidneys also. So far he has only taken it 2 1/2 weeks. No improvement yet in his protein, but it may be too early.

nagesh
07-24-2010, 03:20 AM
Thank you Mr.Jack, you are absolutely right. My son sometimes complains of giddiness. Our G.P.is of the opinion , now cozaar should be sufficient / ok for my son and I would like to take up this with nephrologist on next appointment.

nagesh
07-24-2010, 03:23 AM
Thank you talentx7, It took 8 to 10 months for my son to show improvement in protein in urine.

Lola
07-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Thank you Mr.Jack, you are absolutely right.

Correction: Should read "Thank you Dr. Jack...."

You are so smart, Jack!

Jack
07-24-2010, 04:01 AM
No, I've just had Wegener's for a long time and try to do my homework. ;)

elephant
07-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Experience in the disease pays off. :)

Sangye
07-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Jack's got a PhD in Wegs. :)

Palmyra
07-24-2010, 10:14 AM
OK, so we need many PhD's on site. I have a minor, working on a master's degree. All for a better outcome for everyone!

Palmyra (check out the mountain in CO, USA....it is awesome! I am soon to be hiking Long's Peak in CO...I wish I could use my experience to help the 'cause' in someway. If anyone has any ideas please let me know,)

Palmyra, Mom of Alison, Crohn's'99, WG'06

pberggren1
07-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I am just finnishing up my Masters.

nagesh
08-09-2013, 03:59 AM
my son took envas bp medicine to control protein in urine at low doses for past 4 years recently 3 months back it is fully withdrawn due to low bp, the protein levels in urine were normal and stable for almost 2.5 years.
now after 3 months protein levels are rising nephrologist again put him on envas @ 5 mg. no other clinical symptoms
all blood tests are OK currently only on azoran 75 mg per day as maintenance.
worried is it a flare, rehumatologist says let us watch for one more week. any advice please

Dirty Don
08-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Does he have other symptoms of a flare? Purpura, joint aches, blood in nose, etc. If so, it's possibly a flare...if no symptoms as such, then probably something else. IF this is a flare, I wouldn't want to wait another week, but that's just me...pred can't hurt a week early...can always go back off. Best of luck.

nagesh
08-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Hi D. Don
Thanks for the information you are right, tomorrow we are repeating urine analysis and meeting rehumatologist,

nagesh
08-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi,
as of now he do not have any other symptoms other than protein in urine rising, last week to this week again there is increasion in protein,
Dr asked to check for anca and said to wait for one month. 24 hours protein in urine is at 1200mg levels how long it is ok at this levels any inputs please.