PDA

View Full Version : Fly over for pilot's funeral

drz
07-21-2010, 12:42 PM
I was unable to attend a funeral for a cousin who was a military pilot so a cousin filmed the fly over where one pilot breaks formation and peels off to symbolize the dead pilot who is now missing in formation. I found it very moving to watch this video of the fly over to honor the fallen pilot. Of course the large amount of prednisone I am currently taking also tends to make me much more emotional I have noticed.

andrew
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your cousin. Totally agree about the emotion. I was a screaming banshee on the Pred and an emotional wreck. Really hard to put up with.

Jack
07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I saw a similar fly past when one plane broke formation and went into a vertical climb until he disappeared from sight - very moving. (Brings a tear to my eye now. Damn Pred!)

drz
07-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Sorry to hear about your cousin. Totally agree about the emotion. I was a screaming banshee on the Pred and an emotional wreck. Really hard to put up with.

At times people are amazed as I am about how maudlin I can get and tear up over so many things. Sort of reminds me of when we cried at the Bambi movies as a child.

Things like taps at a military funeral and pilot fly over with missing pilot are real moving emotional things though at any time, but with prednisone get the buckets and sponges. 8)

julia
07-22-2010, 11:30 AM
You guys remind me of my mother. She cries at movies, reading stories in the newspaper anything sentimental will have her crying. Somtimes we cry with her sometimes we laugh at her.
Being on the pred I have to be careful or I will start crying. I was never like that before.

I also used to work with a lady that if you mentioned the name of a certain movie she would start crying. Can't remember the name of the movie.
t

pberggren1
07-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Could it be Beaches?

julia
07-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Could it be Beaches?

No I think it was an older movie. Black and white. I love black and white movies.

pberggren1
07-22-2010, 01:34 PM
I remember watching old black and white movies from the 20's to the 50's with my grandparents when I was quite young. I was probably 2 or 3 up to age 10 maybe and even up to age 14 or 15. Was it a famous movie?

elephant
07-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Was Natlaie Wood in it?

Sangye
07-22-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm sorry about your cousin, drz. Totally understand the pred thing, though. It's purely biochemical.