PDA

View Full Version : Site Statistics?

Jack
07-14-2010, 04:29 AM
Hi Andrew,

There seem to be a lot of new members recently and loads of new posts. Is there any chance of publishing site statistics perhaps once every month? I know you already have a lot on your plate so perhaps this does not figure very high on the priority list. ;)

elephant
07-14-2010, 04:30 AM
I noticed that too, glad we have more members!

Sangye
07-14-2010, 08:56 AM
The growth is amazing and wonderful.

The past few weeks I'm actually having a hard time keeping up with new members' histories, conditions and info. If you're fairly new, it helps to add an avatar, add a location and maybe even repeat some background info for a bit when you post. You could also add some info in a signature, as Gwenllian has done.

pberggren1
07-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Sangye makes some very good points here - please obey her!!!!!!

andrew
07-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Sangye makes some very good points here - please obey her!!!!!!

LOL!!!

What kind of statistics are you looking for? I have bunches on how many visitors, where they come from, when they arrived etc etc. Is there anything specific that you're looking for?

Sangye
07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
We want it ALL. Obey me. :D

Jack
07-15-2010, 01:44 AM
One of the car sites I use gives -
No. of hits on site.
No. of new / total members.
Top ten threads.
Top ten most prolific posters.
Busiest month to date.
Busiest days this month.
Slowest days this month.
Top visitor countries.

andrew
07-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Okwy dokey. Oil see what I can do!

Sangye
07-15-2010, 06:38 AM
LOL-- maybe just wait until those drugs wear off a bit, Andrew. Otherwise you might post statistics on here like "Biggest engine size" and offend all of us whose engines have grown due to pred. :D

andrew
07-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Ha! Believe it or not I'm not doped up......yet

andrew
07-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Slrighty I've put something up on top of the main page for now. needs some tuning but it'll do for now.

See??? Not doped up!! :-)

elephant
07-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks Andrew! Good work!

JanW
07-16-2010, 02:55 AM
I like it Andrew -- thanks!

Sangye
07-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Good job, Andrew-- very cool. Except who's that Big Mouth member named Sangye? LOL

DEE
07-16-2010, 05:03 PM
thanks Andrew DEEx

pberggren1
07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
My engine is one of those pre-war BMW aircraft engines. 20L in displacement in a V-12 configuration.

marta
08-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I hope you guys don't mind but I passed the address to this forum to the Canadian Vasculitis guys in case they want to add it to their Vasculitis Support Groups links. I have found so much comfort, wisdom and compassion here that not sharing it with someone else who is floundering through the maze of Wegener's would be a crime, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes. You can spank me if I am, although that would mean you'd have to come to Jasper and meet a Weggie face to face - ha ha.

On that note, I also made a couple of other suggestions/comments/inquiries including maybe having the Canadian Vasculitis Foundation hold a symposium every two years on alternate years from the US symposium. That way people would have a choice to go every year and see different research, different locations throughout our great continent, and meet more of each other face to face and not have to wait TWO WHOLE YEARS. We could start with Jasper... ha ha again.

Yeah I know, stirring the pot, stirring the pot. (Another food metaphor brought to you by a prednasone infected mind :)

Hey Phil, BMW again... I'm starting to see a pattern.

Sangye
08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
D'oh! We were totally hiding from the Canadians! Oh man, now they're gonna take our gummy bears.... :D

jola57
08-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Hey gummy bears are ours, we are the bear country after all LOL. Marta, totaly excellent idea. You have my vote for Jasper, or Banff ( havn't been there in 9 years). I will contact CVF to add my voice.

elephant
08-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Marta, you have my vote, the more the merrier!

marta
08-10-2010, 02:59 AM
I was thinking that if we have it in a place that already attracts tourists from all over the world, we might even get to see some of our friends from here (i.e. this forum) that live on the other side of various oceans, and it could double up as a vacation.
Let's get this party started.

pberggren1
08-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Ya, Party, Party!!! With Bimmers of course!!

DEE
08-10-2010, 04:20 AM
ok Phil whatsvbrimmers DEE x

pberggren1
08-10-2010, 04:21 AM
Bimmers are slang for BMWs

DEE
08-10-2010, 04:25 AM
thank you Phil DEE x

elephant
08-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Well a good place to vacation on the ocean is Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach and Charleston, SC!

Sangye
08-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a VERY funny story about Myrtle Beach, which I'll share later or tomorrow. :D

elephant
08-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Can't wait to hear it!

Sangye
08-10-2010, 11:02 AM
When I was 5 years old my family went to Myrtle Beach for vacation. Our motel rooms were on the second floor overlooking the swimming pool. We were going to be there several days and were quite excited as we did not normally go on vacation.

The first day we got there a little girl from a neighboring room wandered in our room just as my parents were scolding my sister and me for something. It wasn't anything big but this little girl's eyes were as big as eggs as she took it all in. She started asking what we had done that had gotten us in trouble. She had a strong Southern accent and asked my parents, "So are you gonna whoop 'em? Are you gonna whoop 'em?" My parents are from New York and were biting their lips to keep from laughing. She kept asking it over and over, hoping she was going to see some action.

But the real story happened on the third day. We got up and discovered that a major sewage pipe had broken on the second floor. Raw sewage--tons of it-- was flowing down the outside walkway and over the edge into the pool. We had to pack up and leap across it to get out along with all the other motel guests. They offered us another room in the motel, but the entire place reeked of poop. We just got in the car and headed home.

No one in my family could ever mention Myrtle Beach again without saying "Are you gonna whoop 'em?" and wincing, remembering the Great Escape.

So no, Elephant. Being immune-compromised I'm not coming to Myrtle Beach for vacation. :D :D :D

elephant
08-10-2010, 11:13 AM
That was a great story and so very funny! I don't blame you not wanting to come back to Myrtle Beach! :)

andrew
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I hope you guys don't mind but I passed the address to this forum to the Canadian Vasculitis guys in case they want to add it to their Vasculitis Support Groups links. I have found so much comfort, wisdom and compassion here that not sharing it with someone else who is floundering through the maze of Wegener's would be a crime, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes. You can spank me if I am, although that would mean you'd have to come to Jasper and meet a Weggie face to face - ha ha.

On that note, I also made a couple of other suggestions/comments/inquiries including maybe having the Canadian Vasculitis Foundation hold a symposium every two years on alternate years from the US symposium. That way people would have a choice to go every year and see different research, different locations throughout our great continent, and meet more of each other face to face and not have to wait TWO WHOLE YEARS. We could start with Jasper... ha ha again.

Yeah I know, stirring the pot, stirring the pot. (Another food metaphor brought to you by a prednasone infected mind :)

Hey Phil, BMW again... I'm starting to see a pattern.

Mind? Nahhh, like elephant said, the more the merrier. Anyone can pass the forum address on. We need as many people as possible to know this place exists :)