PDA

View Full Version : help a computer dud out

LisaMarie
07-09-2010, 05:07 AM
ok guys how do you get pics on your profile...i can not even get my albums to transfer...dang old foggy pred brain...help

Jack
07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
At the top of the page go to "Forum Actions" and select "Edit Profile"
Change stuff using the "My Settings" box on the left of the page.

LisaMarie
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks Jack...I will try it in the morning...methotrexate is making me nausea..ughhh

drz
07-09-2010, 04:28 PM
ok guys how do you get pics on your profile...i can not even get my albums to transfer...dang old foggy pred brain...help

Does Solumedrol cause decline in cognitive functioning? I just got my first 6 hour dose of 125 mg and I notice my brain is functioning like when my HG gets too low and I need a blood transfusion cause my thinking and memory get cloudy and foggy.

LisaMarie
07-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I think all the roids do it.....I hate the fog ....

elephant
07-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Yes prednisone does that! My doctors even said they really make you foggy and seem dumb!

jola57
07-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I can attest to that, as a candidate for mensa I now put sugar in microwave and when conversing have to realy rack my brains for words like store, bread, milk, my best friends name.... do I need to go on?

DEE
07-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I thought it was just me that had word malfuction often use wrong word or cant think what the right ine should be
called my new dog by the name or another gog i had about fifteen + years ago , he ignored me probably thought what wrong with this stupid woman :) DEE x

drz
07-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I can attest to that, as a candidate for mensa I now put sugar in microwave and when conversing have to realy rack my brains for words like store, bread, milk, my best friends name.... do I need to go on?

i noticed shortly after my first 125 mg Solumedrol that i had trouble with word recall and rememeberng certain facts about my Rx that I should have known. I have same foggy brain feeling when my hemoglobin get too low and I need a transfusion to regain cognitive and other physical functioning. Later on my medical team told me the steriods can cause cognitive problems as well as many other undesired side effects.

drz
07-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Yes prednisone does that! My doctors even said they really make you foggy and seem dumb!

This is great. Not only do we have to cope with all these complications from the disease but now people will think we are stupid too.

elephant
07-12-2010, 12:47 AM
I will tell you one thing I will never work at the beside as a RN anymore....many reasons. I feel like my perfect job will be at Walmart ...welcoming customers....no worries....just "Hello."

Sangye
07-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Pred in any form definitely affects cognition. Another important cause of fogginess and memory issues is depression-- secondary to pred and/ or chronic disease. It's very tricky to ascertain how much each is contributing.

Last year I spoke with a neuropsychiatrist at JHU who said depression--even mild-- can cause quite profound cognitive changes. It can even cause poor balance and mimic neurological problems.

This is one reason I highly recommend seeing a therapist regularly. Mine have been great at helping me untangle depression, cognitive issues and pred side effects.