PDA

View Full Version : Bruises?

katarzena
07-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Has anyone been getting these during the treatment? They're not exactly bruises but something that looks like stretch marks but couldn't be since I haven't gain any weight and it is a strach 1 cm long and purple. I have it on few spots on my legs...?

Sangye
07-03-2010, 12:52 AM
It sounds like a Wegs rash. You should definitely have your Wegs doc look at it to make sure. I only get the rash when the Wegs isn't being controlled.

katarzena
07-03-2010, 01:49 AM
No it's not the rash. I know what WG rash looks like cause I've had it before I was diagnosed.. This looks like I have cut myselft on several places. Hm I really don't know. Maybe it'll go away.

Sangye
07-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Does it appear a day or so after it feel itchy?

Luce
07-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Pred causes bruising and stretch marks, not sure if this still happens even if you haven't put on any weight though.

Col 23
07-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi Kat
I have these weird bruising like marks on my back. The Rheumy took a look at them on Wed and said that this quite often happens with the medication. I also noticed that I bruise very easy now. I also have more spider looking veins on my legs than I had before.
Col 23

Jack
07-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I used to bruise very easily due to Pred, I think. Now I tend to bruise spontaneously due to Warfarin. When my Wegs was active, one of the many skin problems was little red spots, but none of these sound like the sort of thing you are experiencing.

coffeelover
07-04-2010, 06:16 AM
I have always bruised easily and now since on pred, even more so. It appears to be a common symtom of medication.
coffeelover