PDA

View Full Version : it's a small world.

talentx7
06-26-2010, 06:58 AM
I just wanted to say what a small world we live in. My oldest son just made a local travel ball team. One of the parents on my team over heard me talking about Carter and his WG. She ran over to me to tell me her best friends daughter also had WG, and she lives in the next city over from me. Small world.

Kimbangu
06-26-2010, 07:40 AM
I often wonder how rare it actually IS......especially when you consider the number of undiagnosed people who must be out there. I live in a very small town of approx 3000 inhabitants but there is another WG patient in this town. And one of my first wife's friends has been a WG patient for over 20 years. For every Cindy Abbott there must be thousands of others. And let's not forget the ones who don't use the internet or speak English.

You only need to look at the number of guests browsing this forum on any given evening, to realize WG can't be quite as rare as the newspapers keep telling us it is.........

Lightwarrior
06-26-2010, 09:46 AM
You only need to look at the number of guests browsing this forum on any given evening, to realize WG can't be quite as rare as the newspapers keep telling us it is.........

You have an excellet point Kimbangu. I agree with you, I think is rarely diagnosed and we will begin to see it being more mainstream in the coming years. If they had not finally figured out what was going on with me I'm sure I would have been dead by now and my cause of death would have respiratory failure.

pberggren1
06-28-2010, 09:22 AM
The nurse I had last night also knew quite a bit about Wegs. Her husbands Grandmother had Wegs for about 20 or more years and passed away at 92.