PDA

View Full Version : bloody nose bleeds

ian anderson
06-21-2010, 08:38 PM
iv"e been to hospital sun and then again mon for nose bleeds sun they gave naseptin and packed it mon today cauterised right nostril and more naseptin left hospital 5 mins starts bleeding again anyone any suggestionss on whats best to do fed up going to hospital

ian fellow weggie

andrew
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi mate
No experience with bloody noses on that scale but it sounds like Hospital would be the best place. What meds are you on? One of them could be contributing.

Jack
06-21-2010, 09:15 PM
I consider myself to be the expert on nose bleeds, I've even been hospitalised for a day or two in the past. ;) Although a little alarming they have always stopped within a reasonable time, but my main concern would be that they were always associated with a Wegener's flare. Since my disease has been held in remission I have had no trouble from my nose at all. Are you sure you are receiving the right treatment for your Wegener's?

DEE
06-21-2010, 10:07 PM
i have nose bleeds and they are always worse at the beginning of a flare !!!!!! DEE X worth getting it checked again

Sangye
06-22-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't have this issue, but please listen to Jack and Dee. Gotta rule out Wegs.

ian anderson
06-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi mate
No experience with bloody noses on that scale but it sounds like Hospital would be the best place. What meds are you on? One of them could be contributing.
hi andrew im on clopidigrel (plavix) and aspirin both used for keeping blood from clotting no doubt contributing to my problem thnx andrew ian

DEE
06-22-2010, 07:47 AM
ian when i started taking warfarin about a month ago after getting blood clots on lungs i had two nose bleeds that i thought were never going to stop
i was at a friends at the time a nearly used all her tissues !!!
the gp thought it was tablets and it would settle down
touch wood not had any since hope u get sorted out DEEx