PDA

View Full Version : Granulomas

Col 23
06-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi
Does anybody else experience lumps on any part of the body. I mean the ones under the skin not rashes. Does anybody know whats happening when they flare again. I noticed when I commenced medication they resolved. But have recently come back. whats the diffence between nodules in lungs and and lumps under the skin like in the breast, back or legs. I sort of get that the nodules in the lungs are serious but just trying to understand are the lumps nodules too?
cheers Col 23

pberggren1
06-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Hi Col:

I do have some lumps under my skin only on my arms that I have noticed so far. I have had them for a few years. I was diagnosed in 2003 and noticed them maybe a year or two after that.

pberggren1
06-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Sorry Col:

I don't think the lumps are nodules as well. I believe they are totally different but have never really got a straight or definite answer from any of my docs on that. Maybe when I get to Mayo they will have an answer.

I think my lumps have always stayed the same even when I am flaring.

Col 23
06-20-2010, 12:22 AM
I have new lumps under skin on my back
Col 23

pberggren1
06-20-2010, 12:47 AM
I think the granulomas are different from the lumps and nodules in the lungs. I could be wrong though.

Jack
06-20-2010, 01:25 AM
I think that the true definition of a granuloma is a microscopic group of white blood cells in a roughly spherical form, but the term has been adopted and has started to be used for any group of cells including nodules.

pberggren1
06-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Thanks Doc.

Sangye
06-20-2010, 02:17 AM
I have lumps on my shins that never really go away, but do seem to get bigger and more painful when the Wegs is flaring or micro-flaring. My doc knows about them but has never said anything. I think the ones on my legs are erythema nodosum. Make sure to point out lumps to your docs-- could be Wegs, could be other stuff. This disease is a bucket of fun, isn't it?

pberggren1
06-20-2010, 04:02 AM
It's a bucket of something, that's for sure. I'd like to say bucket of ****.

Sangye
06-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Phil, that's the funniest thing I heard all day. Really got me laughing. Thanks! :D :D

pberggren1
06-20-2010, 12:42 PM
And I wasn't even trying to be funny!

Sangye
06-21-2010, 12:57 AM
It's still funny today. I'm gonna share it with my friends later on. :D

Col 23
06-21-2010, 02:07 AM
I can relate to that one Phil. Lol.

Thanks Jack and Sangye, would like to know about these lumps they are on both sides of my spine and on my upper thighs. My back becomes very painful when ever I do anything and pain radiates down my legs. It has got to the stage where I have to brace myself for incredible pain just to do minor housework. If I sit for about 15 minutes the pain goes away but recommences when I become active again. This has also happened at shopping centres and I have to find a chair to sit or I cant walk. I know I have problems with my back in the past but this is just debilitating. Will chat more to the doc about it. He did mention having cortisol injections but I would like to avoid that if I can while Im on these medications. The extra weight gain since commencing meds may also be a contributing factor.
cheers Col 23

renidrag
06-21-2010, 02:09 AM
I had ganglions between two fingers and one on the sternum. That's the one that sent me to the doctor and started all this.. They both went away when I started meds but both came back when I stopped the pred. They are just there I guess, no one seems worried about them.
Dale

Sangye
06-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Col, please make sure they properly diagnose your back pain. You don't have a cortisone-shot deficiency, that's for sure! Cortisone injected into joints damages the cartilage.