PDA

View Full Version : Taking prednisone at different time

katarzena
06-18-2010, 07:30 PM
I take prednisone after my breakfast in the morning, sometimes at 8 am, sometimes at 9 am, sometimes at 10 am. (depends on when I wake up) Sometimes I drink it early in the morning and go back to bed..:o:o
Is it very important to take it at exactly the same time? When do you take yours?

Jack
06-18-2010, 08:00 PM
I take mine anytime from around 8:00 to 10:30 and it seems to make little difference. However, if I forget to take it (a very rare event), I start to feel unwell in the afternoon.

Kimbangu
06-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Between 8 and 9 am, this is the regime they started when I was in the renal ward and I have just kept on with it.

Hammy8241
06-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Hi Katarzena ,

I work day & night shifts so take mine at either 5am or around 11am when I wake up after the night shifts. Don't seem to have any problems with this.

katarzena
06-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Oh I see it's about the same for all of us. I thought it might be strictly important to take it at the same time. Okay then. :)

Col 23
06-19-2010, 09:18 PM
I try to take mine at 9.30 every morning but have sometimes forgotten and taken it later in the day. I asked the Rhuemy about this and she said if I forget its okay to take it later in the day.
cheers Col 23

talentx7
06-22-2010, 02:26 AM
I was wondering if everyone takes all thier meds in the am, or takes some in the evening? Carter takes his pred, pepcid, bacrtum and BP med in the am. I was wondering if anyone splits some up to take in the pm?

Jack
06-22-2010, 02:56 AM
I take the majority of mine in the morning and only the ones required twice a day in the evening. Reading some of the drug information sheets there are various requirements such as empty stomach, full stomach, not with other drugs etc. but my day just is not long enough to dedicate it to pill taking. I take around 12 different types.

Lightwarrior
06-22-2010, 05:01 AM
I was wondering if everyone takes all thier meds in the am, or takes some in the evening? Carter takes his pred, pepcid, bacrtum and BP med in the am. I was wondering if anyone splits some up to take in the pm?

I take mine in the morning with the exception of those that are twice a day. The prednisone I take in the am because it seems to interfere less with my sleep. The Cytoxan because I want to be able to drink enough and clear my bladder before I go to sleep. Most of the others are to counter the side effects of the pred and cytoxan. It feels like a complete breakfast by the time I have them all swallowed (lol).

Jack
06-22-2010, 05:17 AM
It feels like a complete breakfast by the time I have them all swallowed (lol).
Put them in a bowl with milk and sugar. ;)

DEE
06-22-2010, 06:41 AM
im the same as jack take almost most of them am just a few left over for mid day and just before bedtime
not that i go out much at the moment but i find when we do especially in an evening trying to time them as often its a pain DEE X

pberggren1
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
The pills could be a new breakfast cereal Jack.