PDA

View Full Version : bladder control

DEE
06-11-2010, 03:30 PM
re visit to wg consult yesterday
has anyone had problem with bladder control due use of medication or wg related
have had bloods and done sample sent off still getting blood in urine
says possible meds cause or a tear in bladder due to use of cxt and lining been thin
or other sent referal to urineologist
just wondering if any body had any information thanks DEEx

jola57
06-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Dee, definitely make sure you are seen by an urologist. This is not normal and cytox is know to cause bladder cancer. So this is urgent. I have a cystoscopy every 1year to rule out any problems and have not had any.

DEE
07-02-2010, 03:15 PM
still having problems in the bladder department dr starting to taper cxt and recieved appointment for cystoscopy 22nd july just worked out been on cxt for 10mths also had mammogram yesterday results in about ten days !DEEx

elephant
07-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Dee, you deserve a triple anything muffin....hope all the testing goes well.

DEE
07-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Dee, definitely make sure you are seen by an urologist. This is not normal and cytox is know to cause bladder cancer. So this is urgent. I have a cystoscopy every 1year to rule out any problems and have not had any.
did you have any problems after test eg recovery im only asking as planned a bq for a couple days later for my birthday
as i have not had test before dont much about it thanks DEEx

Sangye
07-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Dee, I agree with Jolanta. You've been on ctx a long time--longer than normal. I think you should ask to move up that July 22 appointment. That's 3 weeks away and you're still on a drug known to damage the bladder. I would consider this somewhat urgent.

DEE
07-03-2010, 12:11 AM
spoke to the unit were i am having test done yesterday that was the earliest date they could give me
i told them that i would take up any cancellation they had before my date
here things move very slowly had to wait five week for ultra sound on abdimon to be done !!!!!
see wg consult 11th july to talked about tappering ctx done again but he said has to be dons slowly bas some symptoms not quiet undercontrol and needs to have team meeting with all consults to see were to go next in regards medication that will cover a;;the probs ive still got
DEEx

jola57
07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Dee, I have had no problem both times. The second just a mild dicomfort of stinging when I wnt to urinate first time. I just drank a lot of water, even more than regular. Make nsure you get the antibiotic pill to take right after ( I think tht this is standard) It happened that I had mlate evening metings those nights and attended no problem. After going off ctx I was put concurrently on methotrexate as a maintenance drug. I think that you will have to have something similar.

DEE
07-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Dee, I have had no problem both times. The second just a mild dicomfort of stinging when I wnt to urinate first time. I just drank a lot of water, even more than regular. Make nsure you get the antibiotic pill to take right after ( I think tht this is standard) It happened that I had mlate evening metings those nights and attended no problem. After going off ctx I was put concurrently on methotrexate as a maintenance drug. I think that you will have to have something similar.
thanks jola ,
i read about anti b as after having a kidney biopsy i got an infection and it took several weeks to move
i was in methotrexate before ctx and it did not hold wg thats why im still waiting to see whats next hopefully will know by next week
will let u know how i get on thanks agsain DEEx

jola57
07-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Keep us posted Dee