PDA

View Full Version : Loss of sensation

gwenllian111
06-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Hey guys

I've just noticed almost total loss of sensation on my stomach and top of my legs!! It's weird, and it feels 'podgy'. lol. I don't know. My husband pinched me and couldn't believe I couldn't feel it!! (He doesn't usually pinch me, i asked him, hehe).

Is this a WG sign of a flare up? Or just a general WG thing?

Hope all are doing well

Gwen xx

Brooke
06-10-2010, 01:43 AM
I have not had that happen but I think you should let your doctor know.

Sangye
06-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Gwen, please call your doctor asap. Sudden loss of sensation like that is concerning.

I'll ask you the question I ask patients who describe numbness in those areas: If you sat on a horse covered with wet blue paint, are you numb in any of the areas that would turn blue?

If your answer is "Yes" get to an ER immediately, preferably by ambulance. That would indicate Cauda Equina Syndrome.

JanW
06-10-2010, 02:11 AM
I would call a doc immediately, Gwen.

gwenllian111
06-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Oh right, I will do. Thanks x

pberggren1
06-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Sangye, what is Cauda Equina Syndrome?

elephant
06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I googled it, Sangye can explain it but it is something to do with the nerves being (severed or very imflammed that it can cause permanent damage to the bladder and other stuff) so it can be a emergent situation meaning surgery to correct what is causing the nerves to be severely inflammed.

jola57
06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Wegs can affect nerves and the central nervous system, its rare but can happen. Thus my foot neuropathy. I never felt the neuropathy further than my knee. i would guess that the neuropathy can happen in any part of our bodies. Even after 2 years of treatment my feet have not gotten better. What did you find out from you doc Gwen?

Col 23
06-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Hey Jola
I keep getting mild cramp in the foot specially in the toes and a funny feeling like pins and needles but not quite in the feet. Still get like constant ache around
the ankles. What are your symptoms.
Col 23

jola57
06-11-2010, 06:44 PM
The right ankle pain is like I have a constantly twisted ankle. There are hours everyday that I limp around because of the pain. It also is twisted, I had an x-ray to see what is the matter with it. The neuropathy is all over the left foot going up my left calf just above the ankle. My right is just about the toes. It feels like pins and needles when I touch and extremely sensitive inside. Sort of the princess and the pea syndrome. LOL

JanW
06-12-2010, 02:41 AM
I have had left ankle pain for a year or more. Walk with a limp but with PT it is getting much better. I think the mtx has improved it as well. I have some bone edema (bone marrow swelling) that no one can find a cause for so I'm putting it down to WG. No neuropathy though.

Jack
06-12-2010, 03:21 AM
I too have a lot of foot pain and have had all the tests including for neuropathy, but with no positive results. Sounds like it should go down in the potential Wegener's symptoms book.