PDA

View Full Version : being sick (common cold/virus) with WG

michael99
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
after having successful treatment for 7 months (CTX and Pred) and being in remission, i have just had my first common cold/sore throat. i am on the immune suppressants. i will be seeing my WG doctor in about a week (normal visit). is there cause for concern with the sore throat/virus that is going around where i live since have WG??? my blood and urine work are really good now and will be back to the lab next week. just curious of those who are in remission and have gotten sick by common cold/sore throat/viruses??

Jack
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Oddly enough, I don't seem to get many colds or sore throats even though I seem to have had everything else! On the odd occasions when I have had them, I've done nothing special and they have cleared up just like they always used to - some lasting longer than others.

jola57
06-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Same here, I did not find the colds to be any worse than when I was normal. Even the cough did not last any longer than usual.

Lola
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I have had 1 cold per year, but have developed nasty bronchial involvement with both of them. The first time I got antibiotics because my coworkers insisted that I go to a clinic. This last one I just treated with OTC meds for a week.

My big thing, since I work with patients, is to try to prevent colds/viruses. Guess I haven't been all that successful, huh?