PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Apnea

wgrebel
05-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Any of you weggies out there have sleep apnea. I do & was wondering if your mask damaged your face. What do you do to keep it from doing so. I had to get a new mask which has helped but I still have some damage on the bridge of my nose. Any tricks y'all might know that would keep me from scarring up already ugly :) mug would be helpful.

WGREBEL

elephant
05-31-2010, 10:21 PM
You probably had damage from the WG ( bridge of your nose) and the mask added fuel to the fire. That is my theory. :)

Sangye
06-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Can you use the nasal pillow type instead of a mask?

I think Elephant's theory is a good one. After all elephants know a lot about noses. :D

elephant
06-01-2010, 02:14 AM
Sure do. :g

JanW
06-01-2010, 10:48 PM
I agree with elephant. I have a saddle nose also. Really came on quite suddenly. I doubt that a mask could damage the structure of the nose -- they are really made to be quite sturdy, except when there is tissue death due to WG and then it all falls apart (if not quite literally then figuratively).

Lola
06-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Wgrebel, I usually use a Breathe Right strip on my nose at night and noticed that when my prednisone was 15 - 20 mg daily I ended up with some deformity of the soft tissues in the morning. Somedays it lasted all day. Probably for me it was just prednisone puffiness which was deformed by the strips. Wonder if that's what is happening with your mask? It looked awful.