PDA

View Full Version : update on recovery for blood clots on lungs

DEE
05-28-2010, 06:20 AM
been for check up today five weeks on
everything going ok have gained cough back and the doc thinks some off they pain i have could be musculiar from coughing
talked to her about ALT results i got through post because was worried as have risen quite abit not sure if meds enough to cause it so she is booking me in for ultra sound on liver and did a shed load of bloods taken for test depending on results back in six weeks DEEx

elephant
05-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Dee hang in there things will get better. Hopefully all the labs will be good news. Rest easy Dee!

Col 23
05-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi Dee
Hope your getting plenty of rest. The good thing about the tests are the process of elimination at least you and your doc will know what the Wegs is doing when all the results come back. Hope its all good news. Thinking of you
cheers Col 23

Sangye
05-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Dee, where exactly is your pain?

DEE
05-29-2010, 03:15 AM
Sangye dont know if to describe as pain or ache basically i hurt on right side were i have the clots and between my shoulder blades also occasional sharp pain across top right hand side which is not helped by what they think is inflamed liver pain ! sore there too :)
also got my cough back which is not as bad as last time just comes and goes
im to see my ENT and WG consult in ten days
having repeat bloods and INR on tuesday so im hopeing between them they will sort out whats going on with me as they saying goes im hanging on !! DEEx

Sangye
05-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Dee, that sure sounds like gallbladder and/or liver pain. Did they do a CT to rule out more clots? You can still get them if you're on warfarin, especially when you're first taking it-- staying in range is harder. I hope they figure it out soon!

DEE
05-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Sangye I agree with you as i told her that sometime when i cough i am bringing up clear bile which like you say could be more gallbladder but then think were the pain is and the swelling could be liver too
I have had trouble with liver once before in early days before dxt thats why I asked if they could check out
its harder to get a ct done here usually only when you have been admitted to hosp hence ulta sound first
she said if the cough and or pain gets worse or coughing up any thing other than clear stuff to get straight intouch
thanks for your concern some days i think what else since jan its been one thing after another but if things settle thats ok or they do tests are there alright
then i can move alittle forward and deal with the what next
i was impressed with myself yesterday as I felt i was more in control with what I wanted them to do and was able to tell them when i normally take what they say as gospel and dont usally question it but as you have said before we have to be in control as sometime knowlege on a doctor part can spell disater , i intent to be much mors active un my treatment from now on
thanks gain DEE x

DEE
05-29-2010, 06:31 AM
OOPS TIME FOR BED SPELLING PREDS STYLE DEEx

Sangye
05-29-2010, 06:57 AM
If you're bringing up bile with coughing then your cough could be caused by acid reflux. You could definitely have liver and/or gallbladder problems on top of it, so I'm glad you're getting it checked out.

coffeelover
05-29-2010, 08:22 AM
wishing you well Dee!
coffeelover

elephant
05-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Dee, I agree with Sangye...sound like upset stomach ( GERD). My pain on my left side lower left lobe is gone...once I got the gallbladder out...I feel better.

DEE
05-29-2010, 08:12 PM
thanks everyone hopefully tests will give some ansers soon DEEx