PDA

View Full Version : Article on Autoimmune Diseases

MCC
05-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I came across this article 'Understanding Autoimmune Diseases' Autoimmune Conditions (http://www.gethealthyagain.com/autoimmune.html) I've only got part way through though as I'm tired and off to bed so hopefully it is useful.

elephant
05-21-2010, 01:44 AM
I read some of it, I am going to read the rest later. I had most of the symtoms they talked about. Fascinating! Thanks Mandy!

Sangye
05-21-2010, 01:46 AM
There's some good info in there. Some crazy stuff, too. All in all a good article that has useful info. Thank you for posting it Mandy!

elephant
05-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Sangye what is the crazy stuff?

DEE
05-21-2010, 07:48 AM
i had most of the things on the list to elephant ! and found the part about the metal taste interesting use to get it on and off but has been driving memafe this week at doc fri will ask about it DEEx ps could only get mini double choc muffins today :) they help the taste go away !!! DEEx

DEE
05-21-2010, 07:50 AM
oops been a long day tired plus preds meant to sat ( driving me mad ) DEE x

Sangye
05-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Sangye what is the crazy stuff?
- The comments about emotional lability and depression are just plain goofy. Saying it's due to the illness but isn't psychological makes no sense. The illness and drugs (esp pred) cause real physical imbalances in brain chemistry. That's psychological!

- If your tongue has a white coating you have candida. You can have a coated tongue for many reasons other than yeast.

- Everyone with chronic fatigue syndrome is infected with pesticide-producing bacteria.

- Chemtrails Conspiracy theory. Oy.

elephant
05-21-2010, 01:20 PM
I was wondering about that because I had the coated tongue and the doctors said, no you don't have candida. I didn't read the whole thing, it is long and I am tired today.

Sangye
05-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Medical tests (stool, urine) for candida are not very accurate either! :D

If you've taken antibiotics and haven't completely restored your gut flora (ie by taking probiotics), you have candida. Sometimes even that isn't enough and you have to address stomach acid and digestive enzyme balance.

jola57
05-23-2010, 06:04 PM
My gut flora is on the fritz constantly, should I eat a yougurt or two a day? Rarely do I not have a white or yellowish coat on my tongue.

Sangye
05-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Yogurt will not correct the major imbalance in gut flora that happens from antibiotics. You need to take probiotics-- at the right time, the right dose and for long enough. Get a mid-priced brand and take 5-7 billion live bacteria (usually 2 or 3 pills) on an empty stomach (45 min before eating or 3-4 hrs after eating). If you routinely get up in the night for the bathroom, that's the best time to take them. Take them while you're on antibiotics and for at least 6 weeks after. If you're routinely on antibiotics (eg Bactrim 3x/wk) you need to take them daily.

Imbalances in the gut flora might be causing some of the sinus congestion some of you have. Not all, but some.

My favorite health food store brand is PB-8. It's inexpensive and reliable (ie, it has as many live bacteria as it says), and you can find it in most stores. It's not the only good one out there, but it's easy to find. Don't bother with the super-expensive brands or ones that have extra ingredients. You don't need a steamroller to crush a peanut.

jola57
05-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks Sangye. I have not been on antibiotics since last September when I started mtx. So its ok to eat the live bacteria?

Sangye
05-24-2010, 11:22 PM
They're the same bacteria that should populate your gut. You can't get an infection from them. On the contrary-- a lack of good bacteria makes you more susceptible to infections (eg stomach bugs).

jola57
05-30-2010, 03:37 PM
I got some today, thanks Sangye

snooz23
06-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I was curious, what else besides candida can coat your tongue w/ white stuff?

Sangye
06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
In Ayurveda they refer to the general gunk that makes the tongue coated as "ama." Ama is undigested food--stuff hanging around in your GI tract-- that can turn toxic over time. There are lots of things to specifically clear ama-- foods, activities, etc.... I don't know what it's called in Chinese medicine, but the two systems are pretty much the same.

pberggren1
06-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I think I have always had the white stuff on my tongue even before WG.

How do you correct it. Should I go on a cleanse of my GI tract? I have heard of a process - I don't know what it's called - where they shoot water up your bum to get rid of a bunch of junk, sort of a spring cleaning I guess.

jola57
06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Enema, I would not recomend it.

elephant
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I agree with Jolanta, especially the medicines that were on...can cause potassium imbalance and perforation in the GI tract if done wrong.

pberggren1
06-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I maybe thinking of something else. But if that is what it is I will stay away.

Sangye
06-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Phil, I think you're thinking of colonics. Regardless, no-- it's very unsafe for Weggies to do any type of detox or cleansing. If you're on drugs, you risk making them ineffective. If you've been on drugs (especially ctx) you can release stored amounts and kill yourself.

Just cleaning up your diet will allow your body to safely cleanse itself to some degree. It isn't the same as truly cleansing, and it isn't enough. We're full of toxins and they're not going anywhere. But it's all we can do.

snooz23
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks for explaining ama Sangye, I looked into a bit. Do you currently see and/or use aryuvedic medicine as a compliment to your treatment?

snooz23
06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh something else interesting....I did a detox cleanse right before the severe onset of my disease....cleansed beginning of March....lost my hearing beginning of April of 2009....wonder if it helped trigger.

Sangye
06-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I've used Ayurveda for a long time-- about 15 years. Once I got dx'ed my body changed so much I couldn't tell what it needed. I also was really hemmed in by several drugs. So for the past the 4 years I haven't used Ayurveda as much as I normally would. I've used it to help heal horrific skin ulcers from Wegs and resolve some other symptoms. I'm just getting back to using it on a regular basis and am amazed at how much better I feel. Check out the thread called "Wegs and Ayurveda."

elephant
06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Sangye, when do you see your Rhuemy next? The only medicine your on now is prednisone 1.5 mg for the Wegeners? Sounds like you are getting better every day.

Sangye
06-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I see him in 3 weeks. The only Wegs drug I'm on is pred -- down to 1.0 mg as of yesterday! Whooya! (I'm on a few other drugs due to Wegs collateral damage.)

Yeah, I'm feeling so much better, literally like a giant weight is being lifted off of me each day. It's hard to describe. I've felt like my body and mind have been stuck in a tar pit for the past 5 years. I do mean this quite literally.

Yesterday my chiropractor was amazed at how much better I was compared to 10 days ago. He only met me last year and doesn't know the real me. I think he could finally see how sick I've been-- that I'm not just someone being lazy or negative, etc.... He's never said that out loud, but I've suspected it--especially the "negative" part. The totally shocked look on his face yesterday confirmed that he's had me pegged that way.

elephant
06-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Wow! That is great Sangye! So happy for you! Yahoo!

Sangye
06-03-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm gonna give it another WHOOYA! :D

Lola
06-03-2010, 04:30 AM
Double Whooya! What a shot in the rear end!

Sangye
06-03-2010, 04:43 AM
LOL-- sure beats the non-stop, 5-year long kick in the pants! :D

Col 23
06-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Thumbs up Sangye, so great to hear your doing so much better after the long road.
cheers Col 23

DEE
06-04-2010, 07:26 AM
great news SANGYE glad things are moving forward DEEx

elephant
06-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Sangye, I know I sound like a broken record...but you give us hope! You are doing great, so happy!

Sangye
06-04-2010, 08:24 AM
LOL-- I never thought I'd be able to give anyone hope!