PDA

View Full Version : dizzy spells

jeriorleans
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Does anyone get dizzy spells. A.J. (13) describes them as the whole room is moving fast. They last for a few minutes and then pass.

Lola
05-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Yes, this happened to me 20 years ago when I was very ill with what I believe was wegs. Same thing woke me up in the night 3 nights ago - the room was spinning at 80 miles/hr. I was instantly nauseous and then broke out in a sweat.

Still feeling a bit dizzy today, taking meclizine (Antivert) Bonine...all the same thing. Turns out to be positional - when I'm lying in bed and turn my head to the left. Middle ear stuff. I have a call in to my rheumatologist because I'm concerned about ear pain, fluid in both ears, tenderness in the mastoids. I'm fearing a flare! but don't want to say it out loud.

elephant
05-19-2010, 11:43 PM
It sounds like Wegeners disease flare...or ear infection or something else. Need to get this checked out soon!

andrew
05-19-2010, 11:43 PM
I get dizzy spells too but I think it's more related to blood pressure than anything else. Nothing too severe but enough to stop me in my tracks.

DEE
05-20-2010, 07:24 AM
I had several dizzy spells to the point that i would black out for a very short time when i had my last major flare and i was told that it was most possibble high blood pressure causing it
resolved with medication so maybe woth looking into DEE x

jola57
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
I just started with the dizzy spels a couple of weeks ago. They are not so bad just a bit of wooziness. Have to check that pressure

gmyi
05-20-2010, 08:10 PM
If you are filling the rooms is moving fast may be it is "VERTIGO" it is some involvement with the ear system

Col 23
05-20-2010, 09:19 PM
I get dizzy spells too, any where any time that last about 10 to 30 seconds. I checked by BP and its when my blood pressure drops which I think its a side affect of my meds. Rhuemy wasnt worried about it. I am also aware when its about to happen.
cheers Col 23

elephant
05-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Get the ears checked out too. Yes your blood pressure could be low Jolanta or sometimes when people get up from a sitting position to a standing can get dizzy. I had that about 20 years ago, but along with it I also was very anemic....hemoglobin of 4.

Sangye
05-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Please always get dizziness checked out. It can be due to many things, some of which are quite dangerous. Feeling woozy when standing up is due to adrenal depletion. The adrenals help regulate blood pressure, and when they're weakened they don't react quickly to positional changes. You stand up and your bp drops instead of rising. Not much you can do about it as a Weggie (unless the cause of adrenal weakness is profound anemia), just stand up slowly and make sure you have something to hold onto.

A chiropractor can differentiate between dizziness caused by neck misalignment, circulatory problems in the neck, inner ear disturbance or high/low bp. Some ENTs can do that also. My PCP has a machine that does it. It was pretty accurate actually. They put electrodes on your head and ask you to do different things-- move your eyes, shake your head, etc.... It showed mine was coming from the neck. I don't have circulation issues there, but do have recurring misalignments.