PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone im ian from scotland

ian anderson
05-19-2010, 09:21 AM
i was diagnosed with wg at age 32 after being a bodybuilder since the age of 15 and i can tell you that was a blow to go on steroids and find out these roids destroy muscle tissue and turn you in to mister blobby well it all started with pains behind my knees then pain in my wrists then my arm would cease up and i would have to force it down then came a deviated septum and deafness sore throat bloodshot eyes and an esr reading of 88 hey what next hospital for 3 months cut a long story short ive now got trachea stenosis and a blocked tear duct now needing 2 ops damn also had heart attack last august and had stent fitted gee ill take it on all of it any time lol that which does not kill you makes you stronger take heart my fellow weggies

Sangye
05-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi Ian, it's great to meet you. You've sure had a rough go of it! How are you now?

elephant
05-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Wow Ian, You have a great sense of humor, how are you doing?

DEE
05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
hi Ian welcome to our group ,you sure have had a bumpy road hope things are starting to improve for you now DEE x

Natalie
05-19-2010, 04:37 PM
hello Ian , true words welcome :)

ian anderson
05-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi Ian, it's great to meet you. You've sure had a rough go of it! How are you now?well thanks for asking and a pleasure to meet you right now im ok i suppose just feel im drowning till i get this windpipe of mine sorted im on no drugs at moment for wg anyway but on others due to my heart attack ramipril, amlodapine, bisoporol, clopidigrel, isotard, aspirin, lipitor,and my trusty spray gtn. but ive been on the old faithfuls lots of times prednisolone cyclophosphomide imuran and painkillers galore hope this note finds you well re that which does not kill you makes you stronger

ian anderson
05-19-2010, 06:27 PM
hi Ian welcome to our group ,you sure have had a bumpy road hope things are starting to improve for you now DEE xthanks dee for asking nice to hear from you im currently waiting on docs decision to help with my trachea stenosis dont know when this will be had it for 9 months soon maybe keep fighting on dee we can beat it thnx take care we,ll talk agn

ian anderson
05-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow Ian, You have a great sense of humor, how are you doing? doin ok i suppose till i get this stenosis sorted kinda like drowning every day and gasping for breath went from a fit and very muscular young man to a candidate for michelin tyres lol oh well such is life but im a tough son of a bitch come ahead wg any time sucka hope this note finds you well we,ll talk agn

ian anderson
05-19-2010, 06:33 PM
hello Ian , true words welcome :)
hi natalie and a pleasure to meet you hope your doin good we,ll speak agn no doubt take care

Lola
05-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Hi, Ian. Welcome and thanks for your posts. We can all learn so much from one another. You're a tough one and an inspiration. You don't sound like the whiner that I feel I am much of the time. Do hope you can get it all sorted.

ian anderson
05-20-2010, 08:06 AM
hi lola how are you hey dont be kidded i can whine with the best of them its only natural we can all remember when the sun shone brighter for us and now we have this damn wg to deal with hey lola i cant say to you this is how to deal with it we all have our own ways but ill bet we have all moaned about it we wouldnt be human if we didnt right so dont you be calling yourself down try and think how many of our fellow weggies didnt make it and how they once were able to post like us you take heart my friend and ill do some fightin for the both of us ok xx

Lola
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
OK, Ian. You sound like you have a lot of energy, so I'm going to let you do the fighting.

sharon
05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Hello Ian,
sharon here from the colonies down under (OZ), u R killing me, i have this vision of you in a kilt, in a boxing ring takeing on WG (complete with the rocky theme playing in the background). You get him TKO - on the account he never plays fair!! :) LOL
Great to meet you, and thanks for the laugh and encouragement. I needed a pick me up
Glad you found us. ;)

Col 23
05-26-2010, 01:22 AM
Hi Sharon
Fellow Aussie, how are you going with the humidity and heat in QLD with Wegs. I recently went to Darwin and the humidity and heat really beat me up.
cheers Col 23

ian anderson
05-26-2010, 06:58 AM
hi sharon thnx for posting message i hope you can take something positive from my posts even if its just a giggle nice to hear from you take heart sharon keep your chin up we"re still alive and able to tell those closest to us we love them hope this message finds you in good spirits anytime you wanna talk give me a shout ill cheer you up lots of love ian xx

sharon
05-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Good afternoon Col23,
I get pretty tired, especially in summer, at the moment my asthma is playing up, but generally fatigue is my biggest problem, but it is such a nice part of the world, beaches under 1hr and country under 1hr, I am in SE Qld so the humidity is not as bad as Darwin, but still knocks me around at times. I went to the whitsundays last yr and went ok, just paced myself and took it easy. My husband and i went out snorkling on the reef it was great - the only thing was i had to have 2 guides because once they new my condition they were a bit concerned, it worked out great for me, they towed me around the ocean to my hearts content! :)
It was something i never thought i would be able to do. Got my clearance and away we went. One of those once in lifetime things. It knocked me around but it was so worth it. I have never been to darwin, did u like it?
Enjoy the rest of the evening, talk to you soon

Ian - That is so true, everyday that we are here is a blessing - sometimes i just get frustrated, over tired and forget! Keep it up, and do u wear yr kilt all the time? Does it work better than the prednisone?? LOL :) Just wondering ....

ian anderson
05-26-2010, 09:20 PM
dont wear kilt except when i go to the highlands with such a scottish name like mine i cant afford to be caught without it up there but when its on it certainly blows the cobwebs from my nether parts lol feels a lot better than preds ian

Sangye
05-26-2010, 11:16 PM
ROTFL-- whatever it takes to keep you happy! :D

sharon
05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Just don't stay out in the cold too long . . . LOL
Maybe you could revisit the 80's and put some of the old tights and leg warmers just to spice things up!! just make sure it co-ordinates with the kilt. LOL