PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand this!

katarzena
05-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Is antioxidant food (fruit and vegetables) good for us weggies or bad? It helps the immune system, but yet we take therapy that suppresses immune system...
I was told from my rheumy to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits so I'm confused.
I have also read that antioxidant supplements for example can lower the effect of chemotherapy...?!

Sangye
05-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Fruits and veggies are very good for you. Don't take supplements that specifically boost the immune system, since that works against the drugs. But fruits and veggies contain many nutrients needed for survival and good general health. They cleanse and repair the body, too.

katarzena
05-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Oh I see.. ok then. What about my natural hair dye then? It doesnt have any chemicals,it is based on indigo plant but since it's herbal I guess it has antioxidant effects :/ what doyou think is it to bad to use it once in three months? I guess the second option is chemical hair dye but i was really looking forward to this!

Sangye
05-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Natural hair dye is no problem. The chemicals in regular hair dye are a huge problem since they overload the liver with more toxins.

You need antioxidants with Wegs. The drugs create a lot of free radicals that require antioxidants to control. You just shouldn't take doses of any supplement that are extreme.