PDA

View Full Version : Font Question

Sangye
05-09-2010, 01:55 AM
I've been having trouble with the font on this site. The font used for typing a reply and for quoting is really hard to read--letters run together. I have to strain my eyes to read it. I used the library's computer this week and it was set to a different font which I could read easily.

I've tried changing the default font in my browser (Firefox). It only slightly improves things, but I can't seem to find anything as good as the library font.

If you are not having trouble with the font, can you tell me what your font is set to? On Firefox you click on the Tools menu, then Options. It'll show the default font and size settings. Thank you!

pberggren1
05-09-2010, 05:10 AM
I don't know much about computers but my computer at home is a very small font for this site at well. Unfortunately my computer froze and I can't get anybody to fix it right now.

elephant
05-09-2010, 06:06 AM
I am not computer savy. So, I can't help. Sorry :(

Luce
05-09-2010, 08:17 AM
I use Firefox on my little netbook but I don't think I can change fonts as I don't have options on my Tools menu. The font is fine for me when using this site.

andrew
05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
It's one of the 'improvements' when the new forum software was released. It does suck a lot. I'll do some searching and find a way to make it bigger :-)

andrew
05-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Boo-Yah!!!!

Sangye
05-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Boo-Yah!!!!

LOL-- That's WAY better! I can actually read what I'm typing in this reply.

What's your default font set to on your computer? I have the same issue with one of our temple's websites, but it looked great on the library computer. Apparently the sangha members who run the site have a great font because they didn't understand what I meant when I complained.

jola57
05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Sangye, when in Firefox go to Tools on the bar on top, then to Options and then to Content, in the middle it will show which default font you have and what size, you should be able to change to bigger font. Good luck

Sangye
05-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks Jolanta, but I know how to do that. I just can't find a font that looks at all like the library font, which was so easy to read!

jola57
05-13-2010, 01:18 AM
sorry but I never noticed (ha that's how observant I am LOL)