PDA

View Full Version : Andrew, Where Are You?

Sangye
05-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Andrew, I'm officially worried about you. I emailed you last week and haven't heard back. I've seen your name pop up on "Who's Online" yesterday and today but don't see any posts by you. I'm worried you're not okay and someone else is checking on the forum for you.

Please let us know how you are! We know you've been under huge stress and Wegs seems to feed on that. I hope you're well. :)

elephant
05-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Andrew hope your ok. Do we need to start calling Hospitals nearby? Miss you.

Doug
05-07-2010, 03:18 AM
WHERE IS ANDREW AND HOW IS HE DOING?

I don't feel I am authorized to duplicate Andrew's message, which was in response to an e-mail I sent him a bit ago, but I don't think Andrew would be upset if I told you his good days are becoming more frequent, that he is dealing adequately well with his personal and medical "new normals".

This is where he was as of 04 May 2010.

I don't think he'd be upset if anyone wanted to send him a friendly message of support. We all can use it, especially when we are in the process of adjusting to "new normals". What a guy! We all benefit from his efforts to make this a meaningful, useful source of support and information, and I don't think we can tell him adequately how thankful we are for that effort. It's that Aussie genuine niceness thing he has going for him.

Sangye
05-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Thank you so much for letting us know, Doug!

andrew
05-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Hey Sangye, very sorry I missed your email altogether. Been working too much :-( I am here althought I seem to be more of an enigma at the moment than anything else :-) Very cery slowly getting back into life although i really need to make changes at work now. Way too many hours and more stress than I've had in a long time. It's at similar levels in fact to what I was going through just before diagnosis. Got a couple of 'other avenues' to investigate as of today actually.

Some good news. I saw my doc a couple of weeks ago and he actually mentioned the 'R' word. I don't like to say it out loud, much like saying 'MacBeth' and instead calling it 'the Scottish Play' hahaha. Still on the same old medication, no increases or decreases although I have been taking Pred the last few days due to a bad attack of gout. That's getting under control now though. My blood results were the new normal for me and nothing outstandingly awful. ANCA remains in the low 20's which apparently for me is 'normal'. my BP is of course as high as a kite but that unfortunately too is 'normal' at least for now. Have been taking steps to reduce that, getting as much exercise as I can. Realised that I had to do something positive when I looked at my clock one morning, saw it was 6.45am and thought, oh crap I should be at work now :-) Have been coming to a few 'realisations' I must admit. One of them is that in order to avoind being alone, I work all the time. Pretty self destructive idea really so I'm going to, as we say in the IT industry here, shoot it. I will be travelling for work for a couple of days next week to Melbourne so will use Thursday night and catch up with a couple of mates I haven't seen in a while instead of working.

I have found some great new bands to listen to that I guarantee none of you will like that when played at full volume in my housemate's surround-sound stereo system really reset the ol' heart rate ha!

During this time it has been more of a journey of self-discovery than anything else. Things I have discovered so far:

1. A positive attitude and a smile can get you through anything except having four wisdom teeth removed in the dentist's chair (happened to one of my staff....ouch)
2. When it feels like the world is plotting your early demise, your true friends step up (including you lot!)
3. It's more fun to have a cheap night out at a friend's place than go out to a restaurant/pub/club
4. I don't REALLY NEED MUST HAVE Metallica tickets
5. Driving a dingo digger is great fun
6. When your boss tells you you're doing a good job, be very, very nervous.
7. When your customer tells you you're doing a good job be very, very happy.
8. Do your own washing you big sissy and stop getting your mum to do it.
9. Mum does iron business shirts well though!
10. My parents rock!
11. The doctor doesn't laugh when he puts the blood pressure cuff on my arm and I go 'beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee....'
12. I really have no idea how to organise myself
13. The Australian Tax Office is very forgiving and I love all of you. Big shout out to all you great people there XOXOXOX
14. It costs money to even think about saving money.
15. Making decisions for myself sometimes isn't as much fun as I thought it would be
16. Making decisions for myself sometimes can be liberating!

That'll do I could go on for hours...

Sangye
05-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm SO happy you're okay Andrew. I love your list. I'm really sick today (head cold from the depths of hell) but it still got me laughing.

Yippee for "R" (Shh...Don't wake up the baby!) Kudos to you for making positive and healthier choices my friend. :)

Lightwarrior
05-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Andrew,
Glad you are in a good place....you have to be one of the most way cool people I know :-)

Col 23
05-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Hi Andrew,
Glad your okay. Im sure you will enjoy Melbourne, if you get time go to the Grampians about 3 hours from Melbourne, fantasic place. You can even just drive through it and stop at different little areas if you your not up to a walk here and there. Halls Gap is is pretty good too.
Take some time for you..
cheers Col 23

Luce
05-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Phew, Andrew's still with us!

elephant
05-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Glad your hanging in there Andrew. Your self discovery road is wonderful. Keep the list going.

jola57
05-10-2010, 02:37 AM
New you were in the background but its nice to hear from you. great about you know what, here's hoping for a long loooooooong time of the same