PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Anyone?

Sangye
04-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Thanks to pred, my memory is like a sieve and I have a hard time remembering who's who without avatars. I was wondering if members would consider using them whenever possible. It really brightens up the pages to see them, too.

If you don't know how to add one, just ask and someone will post instructions.

Col 23
04-30-2010, 03:29 AM
I should be able to work it out but with such a muddled brain at the moment and memory loss who knows. So if anyone knows please help.
Col 23

Nancy
04-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Col23 - I figured it out... Go to your profile... Select settings then edit avatar... Have a picture that you want to use. The edit avatar will open up a new screen. You can add one in and you are good to go... I chose a picture of a dog similar to mine... Good Luck!

DEE
04-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Col 23 if i figured out anyone can do it and i agree with Sangye i use the avatars to see online more than read the names somedays speaking as someone who has eye probs it helps DEEx

Kimbangu
05-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of mine? <g>

Doug
05-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of mine? <g>

The same way: when you upload a new avatar, it overwrites the old. I'm not entirely sure if you are asked if you want to overwrite it or not- should have looked before I leapt!- but it was simple enough I've changed mine often, to confuse and amuse any who care.

I'm back, after a brief review of how it works. You are given two choices in the edit feature, not to have an avatar or to create a custom avatar with a URL or by uploading a personal file. Hit the browse button at the lower right of the custom avatar section. That brings up your computer files. Select the photo you want to upload, and it uploads to replace your current avatar. If you are successful, you will see your new avatar at the top of the page, above where you had the option not to have an avatar. If your image is too big, you'll get an error message.

DEE
05-01-2010, 06:17 AM
cool pic doug i sat one rainy sunday afternoon working how to do it as i didnt want to ask BARON how
call it woman pride :) DEE x

Doug
05-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Thanks, Dee. I like it because Louie looks a bit like a bobcat or lynx (in the face, if not colors and body). In my case, I learned how to do the avatar thing without assistance
because I thought I should be able to figure it out on my own. It's definitely that guy thing of not asking directions!

elephant
05-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Louie is so pretty in this Avatar. I will get a picture up one of these days. :)

Sangye
05-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Aww, Doug-- Louie has turned out to be a real cute friend. I'm so glad you got him. :)

jola57
05-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Doug is that a wee little belly I see on Louie? He looks so much like my beloved Kittys "husband" many many moons ago, so handsome.

jola57
05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Kimbangu why, it is such a cutie pie picture

Doug
05-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Louie thanks you, elephant and Sangye! I'm glad I got him, too, though.... This morning he woke me up several times from 1:30 or so until I finally caved in and fed him at 5:45 (significantly- 15 minutes early, which he will hard-wire into his brain as the new feeding time....). Yes, that is a belly- not so wee!- on Louie. I don't feed him according to catfood packaging instructionbs or he'd be fed twice as much a day (!). Either that speaks to how inert he is or it's a plot by catfood manufacturers to kill America's cats with calories. I need to find out how to either make Louie a more active cat or how to feed him fewer calories: the investigation is on. He's a good 9kg cat at this point. Though he also is a big cat to start with, as he weighed about 7kg when I got him in October last year. Well, 7.1kg!

311 [Now that he's destroyed my night's rest, it's time for Louie's day job: to sleep!]

312 [Proof: Louie isn't an inanimate object! No, I didn't flop him over on his other side: He did it himself!]

Sangye
05-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Doug, have you tried a better quality processed cat food? The best is Evo--no grains, low carbs. It's the closest to a raw food diet you can get. Pricey, but you won't have all the vet bills. The best is raw food. My dogs have been fed 100% raw food for 6 and 7 yrs and neither has had a vet bill in all that time. They're also at their optimal weight.

Doug
05-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I'll check that out. The regular stuff seems to promote fat cats, and Louie needs a better life than that!

[I just sent an order for dry EVO cat food for fat cats and 5.5 oz. cans, both turkey and chicken flavor, to see how Louie does on this brand. Unfortunately, the closest retailer seems to be in Northern Colorado, a good 3 hour drive away. If Louie likes it, I will do a bit more digging on price by vendors, but I can see this is a big jump in cost for Louie if he doesn't reduce intake to reflect better quality nuitrition. Louie thanks his "Auntie Sangye"!]

Sangye
05-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Fat, diabetes and cancer.... None of these things were common in dogs and cats before processed foods. Just like people!

jola57
05-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Buffy eats mostly home food mixed with bought hard dog food and dentasticks. She flactuates with her weight when she goes to grandmas (my mom). She eats then when she wants (as in always) because my Mom can't say no. At home she eats only 2 times a day and just tiny snacks in between. Our cats were always outside cats with a lot of excercise so were always lean.
Our animals have lived all happy and healthy long lives.