PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/agitation

stikker
04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I am currently tapering off prednisone by 10 a week. From 60mg ,I'm down to 30mg. Now i'm agitated all the time. I am not comfortable sitting in a chair or standing or laying down. Sleep is only acheived with a sleeping pill. Is this the Prednisone??? I have an e mail in to my doctor. Waiting for the office to open.
They warned me about tapering too fast. Is this is? Theses aren't the normal withdrawl symptoms mentioned on the web but they are bad enough to keep me home from work today. Did this happen to anyone else???
stikker

elephant
04-08-2010, 08:59 PM
From 60 mg, I tapered prednisone 10 mg every two weeks. Stikker, what other medicine's are you on? If you don't mind me asking. :)

stikker
04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Cytoxan bactrim lasix wellbutrin metformin omeprazole and many others. I pushed for quick taper as recomennded by my wegs dr. Now I have to admit she was right. I hate that.

Sangye
04-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Stikker, how did your Wegs doc want you to taper? Your symptoms could definitely be from pred.

stikker
04-08-2010, 11:49 PM
He wanted 10 per week. i did too because I hate prednisone. Now I think regular dr may have been right. She wanted 10 every 2 weeks.

Sangye
04-08-2010, 11:57 PM
I've often had problems with pred dosages recommended by my Wegs doc. Sometimes the dose is too high or too low, or the taper is too fast, or a low dose is acting like a much higher dose. I get all worried, thinking he won't believe me and/or won't want to change his plan. And every time I'm wrong. He always says, "Okay, let's change. It's trial and error." No one can know how you'll do with a fast taper. They REALLY can't tell what effect it'll have on your emotions. Call your Wegs doc and tell them what's going on. I can't imagine that they wouldn't let you slow it down. But don't mess with it on your own-- get their input.

stikker
04-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks. I'll call.

elephant
04-09-2010, 04:17 AM
Stikker one of your medicine's Wellbutrin has many side effects- one of them is anxiety,hostility,agitation, and many other central nervous system side effects. You may want to google it. I have a pharmacy book because I am a RN. It could be a combo of that drug and prednisone. Talk with your physician about it. Hope the tapering works out for you.