PDA

View Full Version : almost normal

Carol
04-02-2010, 05:47 PM
It's now almost 2 years since I got WG. About a month before Christmas I began to feel almost normal. Because so many new WGs are on this site I thought it might be encouraging for you to know that I feel so well. I'm still on Bactrim ES 3 times a week, Imuran 3 times a day, 2.5 mgs of Pred, and of course Calcium and Actonel for my bones. I'm supposed to be off Prednisoline BUT we're off to USA, Canada and Alaska for 8 weeks soon so the Doc said to stay on the Pred. I'm very excited, we're doing the cruise from San Diago up to Alaska and back to Vancouever, then a 6 day bus/train trip of the Rockies and then hiring a car and driving from Seattle across to Yellowstone and then south through a number of NationaL Parks down to Los Angeles. We drive on the opposite side of the road to you over there but my husband seems to manage it. SO life is almost normal for me but of course .. WG that is , is always lurking in the back of my mind. regards Carol from Australia.

jola57
04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Carol, how wonderful, both your feeling so good and your trip. I hope all is good and you have a great time. We have done a similar trip but not all together. The cruise is a wonderful way to relax or be as wild as you want. enjoy

elephant
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Carol have a wonderful time! So exciting to enjoy life and experience the outdoors!

pberggren1
04-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Wow!

That will be an amazing vacation Carol.

JanW
04-03-2010, 01:15 AM
What a wonderful and inspiring story, Carol.

Sangye
04-03-2010, 01:37 AM
That's fantastic, Carol! I'm so happy you're feeling well. Very inspiring for us to hear that it's a possibility. Have a wonderful time. :)

Brooke
04-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Have a great time!

Lola
04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
How wonderful that you'll be doing something so fun! Please wave when you drive through Seattle. I think trip like this is tonic to the sould and to the body.

renidrag
04-04-2010, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=Sa Very inspiring for us to hear that it's a possibility. :)[/QUOTE]

And it is! Last Friday I was deemed in remission. Off pred for two months, starting Imuram in another month. Still on Cytoxin. My legs are even back. Not one hundred per cent but probably never will be. Debbie and I are finding my new normal. I can walk up stairs like a big boy and not be gasping at the top. Our Easter gift.
Dale

Sangye
04-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Wow, Dale-- that's amazing! Have a wonderful Easter. :)

elephant
04-05-2010, 12:36 AM
That is great news Dale. Wonderful to hear this and enjoy your Easter.

Cindy M
04-07-2010, 04:59 PM
That's fantastic. It's great to know that remission and a somewhat normal life is possible. Carol, have a great holiday, enjoy every moment.

eileenv
04-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Hi Carol
Glad your feeling much better, i'm envious of you driving through the national parks, yellowstone is one i'v always wanted to go too. My sister lives in Adelaide, which part are you from?