PDA

View Full Version : Just got out of Hospital

Brooke
03-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Hello~
Last week I was not feeling good at all, I was short of breath just doing laundry. So I met my doctor last Saturday and he admitted me to the hospital. I ended up having bronchitis and pnemonia. I had a CT scan of my chest and sinuses and a bronchoscopy and blood work done. I was there from Saturday until Tuesday. While I was there, they put me on: iv steroids, some iv antibiotc, iv vancomyecin (in case I had MRSA in the lungs), and my current medication.
When I left they put me on 750 mg of Levequin along with my current medication of steroids, methotrexate, bactrim, pholic acid, and zoloft.
Man oh man, I feel like a million dollars now. I have no wheezing, no short of breath, I just feel great. Better than I have in a longgg time. Maybe I had an infection for a couple months and needed the right antibiotic to get rid of it??

Sangye
03-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Brooke, glad you're feeling better! Keep an eye out if you start to get symptoms again. The problem with giving you IV steroids is that it could be masking a Wegs flare. Hopefully it was just an infection and you'll get better and better this week.

Be careful with levaquin. It causes very easy tendon ruptures. Pred does that, too, so be extra careful being on both of them. No heavy lifting, limited exercising. Take good care and get strong again. :)

Brooke
03-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks Sangye, I will keep note of that. I believe they had me on 60 mg of pred in the hospital and then I was on 40 mg for 5 days at home and then I started back to my usual dose of 20 mg today.

Jack
03-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Lung infections tend to creep up on me too. It takes a while before I admit to myself that I'm coughing more than usual and get myself down to the doc's for a change of antibiotic.

elephant
03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Brooke my husband had pneumonia recently and was on levaquin and he noticed more pain in his legs and feet, it went away...so just be careful. Glad you are doing great!

JanW
03-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Glad you're feeling better, Brooke, and Sangye's right -- that's the tricky thing about pred, you never know if the reason you're feeling better is because it's taking care of the WG, or if it's taking care of an infection.

elephant
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Brooke you should know in a few days..like Sangye said...keep an eye on it.

Brooke
03-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Thanks everyone, I will let you know how I am doing. I am headed to Mayo clinic tomorrow. On Thursday, I have a breathing test, urinalysis, blood work, ENT visit, and pulmonologist. I also have a bronch scheduled on Thursday but they may be able to use the information of my bronch I just had while in the hospital.
I hope everyone else is doing well :)

pberggren1
03-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I hope your are feeling well and that your visit to Mayo goes well Brooke.