PDA

View Full Version : New Meds for our son.

Jeff
03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
The doc says we need to come in for some new meds. His Urine Bld is "Large", Urine Prot is "30", and
his Erythrocytes is "26-100". Everything else appears in normal range.

Are these readings way out of wack? My son says he feels fine and does not want new meds.He is on 2000mg of CC now and "says" he feels no side effects.

Should my son be feeling anything with these out of range readings?

Sangye
03-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Jeff, it's very common to have kidney involvement with few or no symptoms. Several of our members here describe feeling a bit more tired than usual and/or retaining fluid, only to find out they were in advanced kidney failure. You'd think it would be obvious, but the kidneys are very good at disguising problems until much damage is done.

Cellcept is so nicely tolerated. Other than diarrhea I didn't really notice any side effects, either. I don't blame him for being reluctant. But denial is not an option with Wegs. Get him in right away. Unlike lungs, kidney involvement progresses extremely fast-- days.

Jeff
03-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks, we go tomorrow.

elephant
03-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Sangye is right, I had only lower back pain and it was too late...I now have a Kidney Transplant. I am on cellcept and other medicines for Wegeners disease. Those results of the urine are abnormal.