PDA

View Full Version : New Doc - New Procedure for Subglottic Stenosis

Meredith
01-24-2024, 07:25 AM
Have had 3 surgeries for this - they all turned out great. My doctor retired and suggested I see a new doctor (same clinic). Saw him last week - everything looks good when he scoped me but he mentioned there is a new procedure for this. Done in the Dr. office. Basically, they numb your airway like when they scope you and put a needle directly into the area with steroids. Has anyone had this new procedure yet? He did say they can do this multiple times without any issues.

Dev
02-21-2024, 07:10 PM
Hello! Sorry for the late response. I have done this. It was actually the first treatment I tried when I was Dx in 2018. I ended up needing dilations, so it did not work for me.

But I imagine if your airway is stable from successful dilations, then this would be a less invasive treatment to maintain your airway :)

The procedure is kinda scary at first, but you can breath through it and it is so much easier than going through all the surgeries! I hope it works for you

Meredith
02-22-2024, 02:14 AM
I wish there was a way to find out the percentage of people who had this done and if it was successful.