PDA

View Full Version : Multiple skin cancers due to Wegeners?

NanTom
02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
After surviving and mostly recovering from horrible symptoms which will sound all too familiar (kidney involvement, numb foot and leg to knee, sinus, etc.) and taking Cytoxin for almost a year, my husband is doing "fairly well" in remission. We are grateful he is no longer diabetic, thanks to no longer needing prednisone also! But, he grows squamous and basal cell carcinomas unbelievably fast! He has had over 18 in the past year and a half, plus numerous other "outgrowths" of skin. We must constantly monitor these and have had several dermatologists and a plastic surgeon carefully observing also. Has anyone else experienced this? I guess we should be grateful as his health could be much worse right now. But, with so many skin "things" going on all over his body, we just don't dare miss any which could mestasticize. Any information wil be greately appreciated!

jola57
02-24-2010, 05:18 PM
NanTom, welcome to our group. I have had one basal cell, but that was 2 years before the diagnosis and I have not had any since. I have numerous "outgrowths" but none look dangerous, What do the docs say?

Jack
02-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I've had both basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas and have had 4 small operations to remove them. I also get the odd patch of questionable skin which the dermatologist removes with liquid nitrogen spray. I believe that these problems are drug side effects rather than Wegener's symptoms.

elephant
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Jack, I too had a flat rash dry red patch in the middle of my back and they removed it with the liquid nitrogen spray too.

gmyi
03-15-2010, 11:42 PM
i had too flat rash in my face and were removed with liquid hidrogen but they come again and was treated with Efidox ointment and it was helful

Jack
03-16-2010, 01:39 AM
I had one on my leg that was treated with ointment (and cured). I doc did not want to use Nitrogen and risk it not healing well due to its position.

Doug
03-18-2010, 06:53 AM
I've had odd growths, post flare. I am white as death because both my parents dealt/deal with assorted sun-induced skin cancers over the years: I am not a sun seeker!

One odd bump on my hand was burned off, and the others will be dealt with as necessary and in a timely manner. That's pretty much the best bet: any unusual growths or changes in the skin need to be brought to the attention of your doctor as soon as possible.

Sangye
03-18-2010, 07:30 AM
LOL--white as death... :D

Jack
03-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Now there's a jolly sounding expression! :)

DEE
03-18-2010, 08:50 AM
when i went out yesterday a neighbour saw me she said should i be out as i looked like "death warmed up "
shame as i didnt feel as bad as i have today :- maybe i have become a bad judge off how i look
but it didnt matter as we had a good chatter and laughed about it DEE x