PDA

View Full Version : Rituxan treatment for early stages Upper Respiratory

Bindy
05-19-2023, 09:43 PM
In the case where a person with only upper respiratory involvement ie ulcers on septum, red eye, sinus, headaches and rash, the recommended and approved treatment is Rituxan and Prednisone of which I am very, very thankful to be able to receive. Is it best to hit the disease on the head with the big guns Rituxan to hope for fast remission or should that be saved for later on down the track. I am concerned about the treatment being less efficient long term. Any insight on this would be much appreciated, thank you! I am finding this disease so confusing at times it doesn't seem black and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Don
05-20-2023, 04:13 AM
My experience with Mayo, Dr. Mertz, was to knock the AI system down immediately with RTX. Then, when flares occur he is hesitant to keep using RTX, saving it for more serious flares later. It has worked for me altho at times I wanted the infusion, and Mayo kept me calm about it! AI attacked sinuses and upper respiratory areas, tried to kill me, then Mayo stepped in...HUGE!!!

Bindy
05-20-2023, 12:04 PM
Dirty

Bindy
05-20-2023, 12:05 PM
Dirty

Hi Dirty don

Thank you

What did they treat you with when you had flare instead of RTX?

Dirty Don
05-21-2023, 03:33 AM
Methotrexate & prednisone...really did help but took about 4-6 weeks to become truly effective - nothing in respect to serious side effects altho some can't tolerate MTX. 2nd flare was caught early and docs decided to use RTX, had it twice in last 5 years.