PDA

View Full Version : Recurrent styes

D.B.
04-23-2023, 08:18 AM
Anyone have issue w recurrent styes? I'm waiting to see ophthalmologist dealing w third very angry stye within 3 months.
My symptoms so far have been limited to upper respiratory and severe joint pain. Diagnosed and treated 2013. Been in remission until now.

chrisTIn@
04-25-2023, 12:29 AM
Anyone have issue w recurrent styes? I'm waiting to see ophthalmologist dealing w third very angry stye within 3 months.
My symptoms so far have been limited to upper respiratory and severe joint pain. Diagnosed and treated 2013. Been in remission until now.

Hello D.B.

I didn't know what a stye is, but I saw online that Mayo Clinic calls it an eye infection.

When you have been in remission for ten years I can imagine that this infection worries you.
I hope you soon will see- or already have been seeing- your doctor.

Pete
04-25-2023, 12:54 AM
D.B.

As we are now in “pollening season”, I wouldn’t be too surprised if your styes are allergy related. Before wegs, I would get the occasional shilazion (stye/abcess) on the underside of my eyelid. It usually required surgical removal under local anesthesia followed by a few days of antibiotic ointment.

Interestingly that since I got wegs, the pulmonologist who helped diagnose me suggested I take an antihistamine and decongestant daily. I have had almost no allergy symptoms since starting this regimen 12 years ago. I take 10 mg of loratidiene daily plus two puffs of Flonase in each nostril daily.

Hope you get effective treatment and good relief soon.