PDA

View Full Version : lumps on back of leg and one on foot

Meredith
08-26-2022, 04:05 AM
Good afternoon - I have 3 lumps on the back of one of my legs. One on top of my foot. Went to the Ortho doc. and nothing showed up on the x-ray. Went to reg. doc. and she had me checked for blood clots. Everything was OK. I wondered if anyone else has had this come up. I have Wegener's - last Rituxan treatment approx. 3 years. I have been in remission per all the blood tests. Wondered if I had a bug bites that caused it - haven't called my Weg. dr. yet but just wondered if anyone has had a flare in these specific areas. When first diagnosed I had a gland swell up on the right side of cheek.

chrisTIn@
08-27-2022, 01:16 AM
Hi Meredith. I'm sorry, but I cannot help you. I don't know what your lumps look like, and what could have caused them.
I hope you can have it checked again by a doctor, if it keeps on bothering you.

John S
08-29-2022, 10:21 PM
Best to see a doctor. Dr. VillaForte told me to remain aware that every symptom I experience will NOT be related to GPA.

RosieJ
11-03-2023, 09:48 PM
I haven't really looked at this forum for about 4 years as I've been in remission, but this autumn my vasculitis has flared again. I noticed this post from last year and just wanted to post that this time round I have had problems with my legs which were the first sign that something was wrong.
Initially my calf muscles in both legs tightened up - which I had as a brief symptom first time round - but then I also developed lumps under the skin on my left lower leg and ankle. Three lumps appeared - one has been there most of the summer which I assumed was just a bruise, but after my calf muscles siezed, two more appeared last month. Ther is no skin discoloration, just a raised lump under the skin, which was tender to touch. I showed my nephrologist and she had not seen that before. She put me straight onto steroids as I also had other symptoms and my ANCA and CRP were rising and I'm now just waiting for Rituximab treatment which will start in a few weeks time. The lumps and stiff calves have both gone now I'm on the steroids.
It's really hard to know what symptoms are GPA and which are not - but I'm really glad I kept a list of everythng that happened first time round. I had loads of odd symptoms which kept coming and going that time - but this time the symptoms have been much more persistent, but less diverse.
I hope you got this resolved last year and thank you for posting as it has confirmed that my lumps probably were another symptom. Time to start another list...