PDA

View Full Version : Evusheld and Ritmuxin

Middlesista
04-19-2022, 03:55 AM
Hello folks - I have not been able to find this information so was hoping a fellow GPA person might be able to help. I had Evusheld in March. I have been one of those w/GPA that has had Rituxin every 6 months. Does Rituxin deplete the antibodies that Evusheld provides you? I had 3 vaccines plus booster and had no response. Thanks!

Pete
04-19-2022, 03:00 PM
Middlesista

I asked Dr Villa Forte at Cleveland Clinic the same question. Short answer is that evusheld does not deplete rtx antibodies, but complements them.

John S
04-19-2022, 09:56 PM
If someone could be tested for antibodies, it wouldn’t hurt.

Middlesista
04-19-2022, 10:16 PM
Thanks Pete!

Middlesista
04-19-2022, 10:18 PM
Has anyone been tested for antibodies after the evusheld?

Middlesista
04-20-2022, 03:25 AM
Are there tests for Evusheld antibodies?

gunnyl
05-08-2022, 05:44 AM
Rituximab doesn't deplete your existing antibodies, it depletes your B cells which are needed to develop antibodies.
According to my rheumy they don't interact with each other in any way. I am getting Evusheld the same day and in conjunction with my infusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drz
05-10-2022, 10:43 AM
Rituximab doesn't deplete your existing antibodies, it depletes your B cells which are needed to develop antibodies.
According to my rheumy they don't interact with each other in any way. I am getting Evusheld the same day and in conjunction with my infusion.

Thanks for this info. It is reassuring and helpful in dealing with these complex questions about our treatment and management of GPA.

gunnyl
06-28-2022, 06:38 PM
Update
I got the Evusheld injections in conjunction with my infusion a couple weeks ago. It was a really rough infusion cycle and took me longer than usual to recover.
A week and a half later my son tested positive for covid and was symptomatic. I spent the better part of a day in a car with him two days before he presented with symptoms.
I never presented with symptoms and never tested positive.

Meredith
08-17-2022, 04:52 AM
I had Evusheld in April - tested for the antibodies in June and I had them. I am in remission with Wegeners right now, have been for 2 years so no Rituxan right now. I have CLL now also to deal with. Had Covid in Jan. with long symptoms which lasted approx. 2 months (long-term fever). Get Evusheld again I believe in October.