PDA

View Full Version : Can Covid vaccine cause flare up?

John S
12-17-2021, 05:00 AM
I知 midway between infusions so I got my booster shot on Monday. As I知 immuno-compromised they gave me a full dose of Moderna. Since then I have been overly fatigued, had headaches and started getting nasal crusts again.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

Pmarsh
12-17-2021, 01:12 PM
I believe the Pfizer Covid vaccine may have triggered my flare in June. I was doing exceptionally well before, had my shot on June 9, then had sudden lung/chest pain 8 days after the shot. I had new nodules in my lung. It痴 been a battle to get this back under control, and now I have my booster booked for early January. Needless to say I知 nervous about it, but I do feel it痴 necessary.

drz
12-18-2021, 06:17 AM
My Moderna vaccinations early this year caused my first serious flare in 10 years. The treatment of high dosage of prednisone and RTX and GPA flare caused a lot of damage to my body. I am reluctant to get a booster for this reason but am also worried about catching the virus. I will have some lab work to help assess whether to risk the booster or not. If I lack the necessary ability to create the antibodies needed for protection then there is no point in risking a booster. My doctor is also trying to get me onto Taveneos, the new drug approved for treating GPA, since he thinks it might help me avoid another flare from the booster shot.