PDA

View Full Version : Lab values

tomary76
03-27-2021, 10:33 AM
I was diagnosed with wegeners about 4 Yrs ago. Been taking rituxin every 6 months. Just had labs done for IgG, IgM and IgA. All were low especially IgM. Albumin/ Globulin ratio is normal. He reran the tests and sent to a different lab. Same results. My Dr is confused. Any insight from anyone?

Dirty Don
03-27-2021, 12:02 PM
My numbers haven't been terribly consistent over the years, but my docs aren't numbers chasers. With RTX in your system already & no other side effects/symptoms, another consultation or ride it out for another few months could be choices for you. Best to you.

tomary76
03-27-2021, 12:13 PM
Thank you Don. I see my nephrologist in a couple months. I will have her order those labs.

It was my rheumatoid Dr who I go to but I just have Wegeners, not rheumatoid, and it affected my kidneys. At least he did say if the 2nd labs come back the same, and they did, I shouldn’t receive my next Rituxin infusion which is scheduled in 2 weeks.

So I just hope it won’t affect my kidneys by not getting it. My creatinine has been averaging 1.2 - 1.5.

Dirty Don
03-30-2021, 03:19 AM
My creatinine is in that range, almost always...Mayo doesn't think enough of it, considering other issues, to go after it right now...they'd rather wait and see. Not just a safety issue with Covid, but also with us...pumping RTX for long term doesn't have a lot of info yet...better to be careful if one can recognize and deal with their symptoms. My kidneys are fine so far. Luck on yours...