PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Gram24
09-06-2020, 07:46 AM
Hi Everyone! I live in the province of Manitoba, Canada. I joined the forum last fall when my 21y/0 granddaughter was diagnosed with vasculitis and Wegners GPA. She has had Rutuximab tx and has had one surgery to shave the cartilage in her nose and had her windpipe stretched due to narrowing, in fall of 2019. September 10, 2020 she will have it all done again. Hopefully she will feel much better afterward.
The strange thing is that there is another person in our town that has Wegners also.
So that's about it for me.
Gram 24

Pete
09-06-2020, 08:25 AM
Hi @Gram24 (https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/member.php?u=11293)

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter. Sounds like she’s having a rough time with it. I hope she can get into remission soon!! Please keep us posted about her progress.

This is a good place to get information and learn of others’ experiences with this dumb disease.

andrew
09-09-2020, 05:14 PM
Hey Gram!
Thanks for joining. You're right - she will feel a heap better after the surgery. It's a shame it can't just be done once and that's that. I hope she's not feeling too poorly. Good that she has another Weggie to talk to though. Do they talk to each other much? Surgery coming up in a couple days. I hope it all goes well. Please let us know!

Cheers
Andrew