PDA

View Full Version : Should things be getting better

DEE
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
at the moment taking ctx and preds plus all the other tabs that go withblood pressure tabs etc
but since had kidney biopsy chest infection have had cough and sore throat that i dont seem to be able to shake off
had extra anti bi as i already take septrin daily due to go back to doc but dont know wether its something i should be making more off with docs or just give it time still get bogged down with which are side affects from drugs and things i should expect docs to do something about

Jack
02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Not sure how bad your symptoms are, but you may have to start accepting that you will always have one or two ongoing problems in the background. That has been my experience of Wegener's, always throwing up something new, most of which I could live with and ignore to an extent. The problems have been diverse and transient, but sometimes lasting for several years before going away. I often think that old symptoms have to move aside to make way for new ones! Try not to chase too many of them with additional medication or you will end up eating nothing but pills, most of which will bring their own side effects with them.
Since you are still taking ctx, you are still in the early days of getting the disease under control. Things tend to improve as you move towards remission which I am sure you will do. :)
It can be a long journey!

elephant
02-11-2010, 11:28 PM
It could be the wegeners and wegeners mimics infection's. If you have been on different antibiotics and they have not worked in three or four days then it is the Wegeners. It is always best to get a culture and identify the bacteria. I remember when I worked in the hospital the respiratory therapist tried to a sputum ( coughing up junk) and put in a glass object and we sent it down to the lab.

DEE
02-12-2010, 12:29 AM
just got back from doctors he thinks its wegners playing up rather than another infection give me a different inhaler to try and help with the coughing wants to wait and see what wg consults says about kidney results etc before he does anything else going to check chest again tomorow i only live five mins walk from doctors all i want is some sleep what with pred and coughing all night i feel as though ive done a weeks work but not actually done anything yet !!!

Sangye
02-12-2010, 03:38 AM
I hope you feel better, Dee. It sounds like it sure could be Wegs. I've also experienced what Jack described.

DEE
02-12-2010, 03:51 AM
thanks everyone just managed two and half hours sleep without cough waking me up !!! thanks jack you always put me straight doc impressed bruising from kidney biospy has gone completely he sympathys with us he has never heard anyone say it did 'nt hurt maybe not whimps !! DEE x